Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit alert that judgment entered on freecreditreport.com

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit alert that judgment entered on freecreditreport.com

I got a credit alert on freecreditreport.com that there was a civil suit/judgment entered against me by verizon.   It is not showing up on my credit report and I did a search of my state's public records and there is nothing filed.  I got the same alert 4/5 and couldnt' find anything.  I DO owe money to verizon but for the past 3 months I have been transferred around their phone system and I haven't gotten a response to the cmrrr letter I sent them 3 weeks ago.   I finally got through to someone on the phone friday and she is mailing me out a bill so that I can pay it.    Why do I keep getting credit alerts that a civil suit was filed/judgment entered then when I pull my report and the account it just shows past due balance/bad debt (with no phone number to contact only an address which is now a DIFFERENT address than last week and NO court info just the same account info that has been on there)  ??

The ironic part is that I got a 2 point increase on my credit report on myfico with no information as to why on the same day.   I got a 3 point increase on myfico on 4/5 when I got my last credit alert about the "judgment" from freecreditreport.com.

What is going ON???

PS  I have not lived in any other state since I was 2 years old so they have to file in DE and serve me to get a judgment.  I know there is not one.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit alert that judgment entered on freecreditreport.com

Was any information on the account changed the day you got the alerts?

When you got the alerts, did you pull new reports directly from the CRA to verify the account?

When you got the SW alert, did you pull a new report here to see any differences?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I pulled new reports from the bureaus.  There was no change in information on any of my accounts.   The alert from myfico said that an account may have aged which causes a score increase.  (2 points)

The credit alert from Equifax was on freecreditreport.com and the only change that I could find was that verizon's address changed.   Its no longer 500 technology drive.  now its a different address.  I FINALLY got through to someone at verizon on Friday and the bill is supposed to be sent to me so I can pay it.   I can't wait to get rid of verizon.  Their customer service is horrible   I have been chasing this bill for 3 months now. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

moonlitnight wrote:

Yes I pulled new reports from the bureaus.  There was no change in information on any of my accounts.   The alert from myfico said that an account may have aged which causes a score increase.  (2 points)

The credit alert from Equifax was on freecreditreport.com and the only change that I could find was that verizon's address changed.   Its no longer 500 technology drive.  now its a different address.  I FINALLY got through to someone at verizon on Friday and the bill is supposed to be sent to me so I can pay it.   I can't wait to get rid of verizon.  Their customer service is horrible   I have been chasing this bill for 3 months now. 

Are they going to remove when you pay or are you just paying to avoid further collections?
Message 4 of 12
Erica1
Regular Contributor

I got the same alert from freecreditreport.com a couple months ago.  Mine was in regards to a company that I haven't ever owed money to and is not otherwise listed on my credit report.  I've pulled new reports a couple times since this alert and nothing has changed on my reports nor is there anything under public records when I click on the section on freecreditreport.com.  So, I'm thinking that perhaps this "alert" was somehow an error.
2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm probably just going to pay to avoid further collections.   I wrote them a PFD but didnt get a response.  I don't want it hanging out there since I am trying to get everything cleaned up. 

It's odd that we got these notifications though... two times on the same account within 25 days.   I don't get it.

Message 6 of 12
Erica1
Regular Contributor

Just taking care of it is definitely the smart way to go.  I just figured my experience might calm your nerves a little if it was bothering you.  I know I was freaking out when I first got the alert!  Good luck.

2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The FIRST time I got the alert I started bawling and ranting!   I had just gotten my credit score up.   I want to buy a new car and I had been contacting Verizon TRYING to pay the stupid bill and then to get an alert of a suit/judgment filed.   Oh boy.   This time I'm a lot calmer.   One if they did sue me they have to serve me.  I then have information on which to pay the bill and can do so before the court date so judgment would not be entered.   If they got a default judgment I can have it dismissed since service was never made.   I can then pay the bill before they can get a new one entered.   So either way, I should be safe.  

Good luck with yours.   Maybe freecreditreport.com is just a mess.  

Message 8 of 12
joyclover
Valued Member

I also just received this same alert from FreeCreditReport.com. I contacted Verizon, and all TU,EX &EQ. None have this alert on my credit sheet????? I have no idea what is going on here. I know my Fico score went down by 7 points when this alert came out. The alert is saying it is on my Experian, however Ex has no record of it??
Message 9 of 12
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Request a hard copy of your report directly from all three CRA's.  You might see some differences from what is reported in the online report.
Message Edited by Itsmeagain on 04-26-2009 08:35 AM

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.