Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card reporting dates

tag
LMD
Established Member

credit card reporting dates

Ok i called Capital One to get the date that they report to the bureaus and the guy acted like he didnt know. Are they not allowed to share that info? I figured it wouldnt be a problem.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: credit card reporting dates

If you just spoke to a CSR they might not have known.  Talk to someone in billing or credit.

Message 2 of 7
LMD
Established Member

ok thanks as allways!!

Message 3 of 7
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

The balance as of the statement date is what they report to the CRA.
Message 4 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@themizlyne wrote:
The balance as of the statement date is what they report to the CRA.

Correct.  But the question was when do they report.

It is usually on or within a few days of the statement date.

Message 5 of 7
ianl33t
Contributor

@LMD wrote:

Ok i called Capital One to get the date that they report to the bureaus and the guy acted like he didnt know. Are they not allowed to share that info? I figured it wouldnt be a problem.

Hello! I would try going the online chat route. I did this within the first month of having my Capital One card and the individual on the online chat was able to give the me the reporting date before the statement first cut. This was my experience and I may have been lucky. I don't like calling Capital One (though they have been helpful to me overall) due to the front-line CSRs not being too helpful and dislike having to dicipher through the accents/scripts at times. *end mini-rant*

Starting Score: EX: 646, EQ: 624, TU: 639 (07/26/2013)
Current Score: EX: 694 (As of 12/17/2013), EQ: 644 (As of 12/21/2013), TU: 662 (As of 12/12/2013 - Barclays)
Goal Score: 700 in all three (07/26/2014)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
LMD
Established Member

Thank u all for ur inpute
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.