Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit help

I posted on the wrong board to start with. I'm trying to get some advice on repairing my credit. I have between a low 500 to 551 on all 3 reports. I have an account that is over 8 years old and still shows on my report, actually I have two. I am new to this. Can someone tell me what I need to do on here to get some advice. I think there are 11 delinquent account on my report. I'm ready to buy a house and stop renting. I can't even get a secured credit card from capital one.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Re: credit help

Post your 11 delinquent accounts so other members can advice you on what you can do about them.

Firstly my advice, anything you don't recognize as your's, contact the original source and ask about any past debts you owe, if your informed you don't have any past accounts with them, start the debt validation letter process to the party that is reporting this fraudulent debt on your CR.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I just write the type, date and amount? The only thing I don't see as mine is an address that my ex lived at. Its showing up on two of the reports.
Message 3 of 5
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

I believe you can just go directly to the bureaus online and dispute to have a correction made about the address.

Message 4 of 5
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Debt validation is only meant for debts that you don't believe are your's.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.