Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit inquiries consolidation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit inquiries consolidation

Reviewing my report I noticed that I ahve a lot of inquiries regarding the same potential purchase. Such as MANY inquries when looking for a car. Are these supposed to be consolidated as ONE pull if they are made within the same 30 day window? Is this something I can dispute? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: credit inquiries consolidation

Yes, FICO only considers auto an mortgage related inquiries made within a certain window as one inquiry for scoring purposes.

However,that is strictly a scoring cosideration.

The CRAs still record and post each inquiry if it is hard.  They dont exclude inquiries based on the "de-duping" in scoring.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! So to improve your credit you need cards, to get cards you need an inquiry. Too many inquiries and your denied. Og the tangled web we weave lol

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! So to improve your credit you need cards, to get cards you need an inquiry. Too many inquiries and your denied. Og the tangled web we weave lol

That about sums it up BUT the INQ's have the largest impact on the thinner files. With respect to scores, INQ's really have a small impact and it can be disheartening for the rebuilder to see a little fall in scores. You will have INQ's in order to get accts and they will have a limited, short-term effect so don't worry about them. You may drop a few points now to jump higher later. You need the accts reporting positive results and to get them you have to take the INQ's that go along with them.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.