EX - 665
Goal - to be 720+ and debt free
Message 11 of 20
rose214
New Contributor

Re: credit monitoring with daily pulls

@Shyone44 wrote:

From my understanding, Yes you do need to be a member

Well that stinks, I'm not a member. Anywhere else anyone would recommend to go then?

Starting Score 4/3/13 : FICO 612 TU (FAKO)--642 EX (FAKO) - 497 Equifax (FICO) 593
Current Score6/28/13 EX(FAKO) 602, EQuifax (FICO) 615, TU(FICO) 642 EX-(FICO) 657
Goal Score : 700+
Message 12 of 20
jmc912
Valued Member

I use EliminateIDTheft... It's $17 a month for  two people (I pull mine and my husbands daily). I think just one person is $10.

They pull from all 3, you can access a new report/scores every 24 hours.  I didn't like it at first because you have to manually click that you want a new report (I didn't see the tiny button for the first week or so, so the info was never changing), but once I got used to it, it gets the job done. 

Message 13 of 20
bahbahd
Established Contributor

I am having a huge issue with Equifax right now. I have not been able to pull reports for over 6 weeks through their service. I am pretty sure that this has also broken Score Watch. I also got fed up and tried to purchase my EQ FICO through myFICO also. All of this has come up empty.

Through the EQ site I constantly get a Failure notice when I pull my report. I've had a couple of different reason codes. Apparently all the codes I got mean "Too Many Soft Inquiries" on your reports. I have monitored so much that I broke the system. After calling Customer Support, who transfers me to disputes, who tells me they don't fix this, to be transferred to Personal Solutions Services who issued a workorder/trouble ticket with the Technology Department --- I have waited well over the 5-7 days to have this fixed.

Anyway, monitoring too much can backfire I guess.

Message 14 of 20
rose214
New Contributor

@jmc912 wrote:

I use EliminateIDTheft... It's $17 a month for  two people (I pull mine and my husbands daily). I think just one person is $10.

They pull from all 3, you can access a new report/scores every 24 hours.  I didn't like it at first because you have to manually click that you want a new report (I didn't see the tiny button for the first week or so, so the info was never changing), but once I got used to it, it gets the job done. 

Is EliminateIDTheft one of those I also have to call to make the special request for daily pulls or is that online when I sign up?

Starting Score 4/3/13 : FICO 612 TU (FAKO)--642 EX (FAKO) - 497 Equifax (FICO) 593
Current Score6/28/13 EX(FAKO) 602, EQuifax (FICO) 615, TU(FICO) 642 EX-(FICO) 657
Message 15 of 20
jmc912
Valued Member

Nope you don't have to call, just sign up right online. It takes a day or so to get your login information but then you are good to go. It's the only other one I could find other than USAA that pulled from all 3 daily. Somewhere on this board there is a huge list of monitoring services and the details. You may want to check it out, 

Message 16 of 20
rose214
New Contributor

@jmc912 wrote:

Nope you don't have to call, just sign up right online. It takes a day or so to get your login information but then you are good to go. It's the only other one I could find other than USAA that pulled from all 3 daily. Somewhere on this board there is a huge list of monitoring services and the details. You may want to check it out, 

Thanks for the info and the help!!

Message 17 of 20
jmc912
Valued Member

My pleasure. If you do sign up, make sure you want 24 hours and a few minutes before you click to refresh. Sometimes if you do it right at 24 hours it will only show you TransUnion. 

The button to get a new report is pretty non-obvious but you should be able to find it.

Good luck!

Message 18 of 20
rose214
New Contributor

will do!! thanks

Message 19 of 20
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

@rose214 wrote:

@Shyone44 wrote:

From my understanding, Yes you do need to be a member

Well that stinks, I'm not a member. Anywhere else anyone would recommend to go then?

Membership with USAA is very simple, I signed up yesterday online, completed their process and got the monitoring service (looks like experian) then today when I clicked to refresh my report it offered to upgrade my account to unlimited daily pulls of the three bureaus for the twenty three bucks a month that others have stated. I've since cancelled my transunion that only does it monthly.

Hope this helps!

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.