Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit one bank charge off

tag
ebf156
Valued Member

credit one bank charge off

hi all i have been rebuilding for a while and i am down to one left unpaid credit one charge off due to fall off april 2015 shows o bal but they just rereported and killed my experian fico by 30 points what would be the best approch to get rid of this one they are very hard to deal with i am going to call when there office opens.

any input thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: credit one bank charge off

If you have an OC account that has been charged off and you have not paid the debt, then their reporting of a $0 debt balance means one of two things.

1.  They have sold the debt to another, and thus the $0 balance owed to them.

In that event, you can expect a debt collector to be contacting you and/or reporting a collection.

2.  They have cancelled the debt.

It is uncommon for a creditor to simply and voluntarily cancel an entire debt, but it is possible.

In either event, once having reported a $0 debt balance, they are stating that you no longer owe them a debt.

They are essentailly done with the account.

What specifically did they re-report that altered your score?

Message 2 of 4
eric19k
Established Contributor

It was sold to CA.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 3 of 4
ebf156
Valued Member

i found out today it was sold to another company but credit one is still reporting the co on my reports

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.