Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit protection association?

tag
Fresh101
Regular Contributor

Re: credit protection association?

contact info sent, check inbox. GD LUCK

Starting: 547 +Score EX, 541 MyFico EQ,562 MyFico TU (Dec 2nd)

Current: 736 FCR "EX" (Nov. 5th), 668 MyFico "EQ" (Nov. 5th), 748 MyFico "TU" (Nov. 5th)

CC: BB&T $2,500 CL 3/2013, BarclayCard $3,000 CL 4/2013, WellsFargo $300 CL 7/2012 & Cap1 $451 CL 5/2012

Goal Score: 800's Rank
Message 11 of 78
armyguy90
Contributor

HEY EVERYONE!! CPA agreed to my pay for delete!! The balance was less than $150. I spoke with a great representive ( a supervisor) who listened to me and was very polite, she agreed to plea my case to my supervisor and emailed me a letter "... We have instructed Equifax, Experian, and Transunion credit reporting agencies to delete this account from their records as of 3-20-2012."

PM Me for info

Message 12 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I have the info too please!!!
Message 13 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am in need of this contact info!

Thank you!

Message 14 of 78
ThePatronizer
Valued Member

I also just requested a PFD with this CA via an email address I received from these forums. I did a lot of preliminary work PRIOR to sending the email, but eventually it paid off. For me, it helped that I had such a long documentation trail to include with email; she replied within minutes and stated that it would be deleted.

The best part.. I didn't even have to pay anything. It has since been deleted all my CRA reports (within 10 days of the email even though she said to allow 3-4 weeks). Victory!!! I will say though, that you may have a harder time getting these removed if you haven't "appeared" as though you have exhausted all avenues first. In other words, if your first effort is to email an executive.. um yeah, probably not gonna happen. Go through the motions. Be patient.

But it is possible. Good luck. 

Mar'12 ~ EQ 654, TU 655, EX 665 (Bank Pull: Kroll Factual Data)
Jun'12 ~ EQ 717 (SW), TU 708 (FICO Standard)
Message 15 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and thanks for the info. Would you mind pm'ing me the email address you used? So did you call regular customer service, get denied a couple of times and then tried the email? What did you basically say in your email? This is my most recent collection and probably my last (hoping to have my other deleted in a couple of weeks) and I really want to get it off. Thanks in advance?
Message 16 of 78
ThePatronizer
Valued Member

bt5418, Check your PM Smiley Wink

Also, what is the amount of the collection?
Message 17 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had/have an $80 collection with CPA. Actually, on my credit reports I have TWO entries for the same thing but with different account numbers. This is the only negative things on my reports! The $80 is a Time Warner charge from 2006!

I sent a half dozen letters to CPA and got no response. Ultimately, and this may have been the wrong move, I called TW and finally tracked down what the charge was. It was just ONE $80 charge, not two. I paid them, the OC.

At that point I thought I had nothing to loose so I called CPA. After 20 minutes of waiting and tons of personal info to track down the account, I got sent up to a manager or "floor supervisor". I told her they will be getting contacted by TW that I have paid the charges. She said "Ok, so what can I do for you?". I explained that I have TWO entries on my credit reports for the same thing, which is incorrect. She looked it up and agreed. And then asked again, "what can I do for you?". I said "Well, for the past 6 years I've had TWO negative entries when it shouldn't have been like that. What are you going to do to make amends?" She explained that once they receive contact from the OC they will contact me and discuss it.

Did I do this wrong? I HAD to get it taken care of. Even if that means it just being turned over to "Paid" and not deleted. Should I have paid the CA instead of the OC? What kind of recourse can I take with the double entries? They should, at the very least, delete one of them right?

Message 18 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

The collection is for $266

Message 19 of 78
ThePatronizer
Valued Member

Yeah they should delete one. I would dispute it throuh the CRAs if you haven't already. Are they both reporting as "Paid"? I have to say that you lost all leverage by paying it off. At this point, you should shift your focus to GW letters to the CA. All you did by paying the charge was acknowledge that you owed it in the first place.

Message 20 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.