Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit repair, complete, i think, i hope

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit repair, complete, i think, i hope

i am writing this to let everyone know that after 20 months i am officially winding down my credit repair efforts i can finally use the energy and time that i have used on this project on other projects and tasks. Smiley Happy . july 2006 fico score= 477 paid off cibc ($153) 22 months no payments, so they say. oct 2006 fico score = 484 (open secured visa $500 limit). jan 2007 fico score = 555 dispute with transunion (false missed payments on cibc account was closed july 2006). march 2007 fico score =597. april 2007 fico score=602 (open secured line of credit $5000). may 2007-feb 2008 fico score= 603 (visa limit $1000 sept 2007). april 2008 fico score=623 (LOC 12 months old, visa 20 month old both with no missed or late payments). may 2008 fico score=760 (cibc account removed by cibc from equifax) (transunion still investigating). my fico score has gone up 283 points since i started thats not to shabby. maddog7667

Message Edited by maddog7667 on 05-27-2008 11:12 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit repair, complete, i think, i hope

Sounds like you made it happen!!!

It also sounds like a very daunting process..........

I/We really want to fix our credit but is seems that we, my husband and I, are very lazy and don't have the drive needed.  We even went as far as hiring a company and that went nowhere!  I think it even got worse, our credit that is!  I have read many forums on how to fix your credit and it seems like the only thing that really works and pays off is being persistent.

Could you please explain in further detail how you made this work for you?

Thank you and congrats on you credit score!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

stltac wrote:

It also sounds like a very daunting process..........

I/We really want to fix our credit but is seems that we, my husband and I, are very lazy and don't have the drive needed. 

Yep - this definitely is not the business for laziness! If you aren't planning on buying a house or car anytime soon, then you're probably fine just waiting the 7-7.5 years for stuff to fall off. So long as you make payments on time, don't let anything go into collections, and just happen to open the right mix of credit (which I haven't even gotten to yet).

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

stltac : (Could you please explain in further detail how you made this work for you?) before i did this i could not view my credit report online. what i did was as follows: 1 get credit report from equifax/transunion/others(experian) there are 3 credit report agencies here in canada same as the states. fax or mail a clear clean readable copy of their request for credit file application form, filled out with your current address and your pic id, social insurance number,birth certificate, 1 or 2 current utility bills. with your current address(its best if your pic id has your current address as well) wait for the mail to come 1 to 2 weeks longer if you do not fax them your info. i received mine in a week from equifax. when i received my credit file i only had the cibc derogatory account on my credit file for $153 (fico477) so i paid it off (fico484) a few weeks later i applied for a secured visa($750 deposit$500limit) i provided the receipt from cibc that i paid off the account. the visa was reported in oct06(fico577) date of last activity june 2004 in jan07 transunion started reporting missed payment on cibc account i paid off in july06(fico555) so i had to dispute and contact cibc took till march07 to fix transunion removed the false payment missed but changed the date of last activity(fico597) april 2007 i opened a line of credit ($5000 deposit $5000 limit) (fico602) sept 2007 visa limit raised to $1000 in my above post i failed to mention that transunion kept changing the date last activity while playing its little game they changed it in jan 2007 and march 2007 so i disputed this pretty much every month till jan 2008 at which time i changed my tactic i disputed that the account was not mine and had trans union verify the account. in feb 2008 transunion verified the account but once again changed the date of last activity from march 2007 to feb 2008. so in feb 2008 i phoned cibc and asked them to update the account with the correct info and told them tranunion has the wrong date of last activity. in march there was no change in date of last activity so i disputed once again. i phoned cibc again and this time i asked them to mail me confirmation that they in fact asking transunion to change the date of last activity. in late april i received a letter from cibc this letter that stated dear me and i re overdraft loan #123456789 this is to advise that a request was submitted to the credit bureaus to remove the above mentioned account from your credit report. please retain this letter a copy for your records. and in may 2008 the cibc account on my equifax credit file is no longer listed (fico760) transunion is still investigating. since 2006 i have called tranunion and cibc at least 10 times for 1 reason or another in regards to mistakes in the cibc account listed on transunion or double/triple charging my credit card. i bet by now you are wondering how many times did i phone equifax or dispute the cibc account with equifax? ZERO! i have never uttered a word in their direction. they had the correct date of last activity june 2004 on that account and everything else was correct. i check my credit file on equifax just as often as transunion. equifax never double or triple charged my credit card.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Congrats again to you for all the hard work and determination!

Will would like to buy a house by end of year but it does not look like this will happen until 20 months from now Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

GRATZ    EXCELLENT PROGRESS
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.