cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit repair disputing CSC Experian

Established Member

credit repair disputing CSC Experian

I have been reading the boards for a long time, but this is my first post.  My husband & I pulled our credit reports for the 1st time in Jan. 08.  I was stunned to see so many bad things.  Some were ours & some I had no clue who/what/why.  So I begin reading everything I could about the dispute/repair process.  Since Jan. I was able to get over 30+ things deleted from our reports (from small medical collections to judgments).  It is such a great feeling.  Experian has been the toughest!  TransUnion has been wonderful!  I have never sent the CB's anything certified mail.  I always send regular mail.  Whenever I have mailed something to TU they have always removed the item w/in a week.  Experian I am currently battling.  I did a dispute online & the item came back "verified".  I faxed Ex a letter & received a letter back saying this item had been previously verified/invesitgated.  I sent them a letter & the item is now showing as "cuurently being investigated".  What do I do if they say it has been verified again?  This item is not correct.  It is a judgment.  I even went to the courthouse listed on the report & sent Ex the printout showing this is not mine.  CSC is very slow.  I have not yet made my mind up about CSC.  If anyone has had any experiences with them please post.  Should I keep sending Experian the info with a nice letter begging them to correct this??  Please let me know how to get in touch w/someone at Experian that will help me. 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: credit repair disputing CSC Experian

Now back in 06 I had a few medical debts not mine and CSC took about 30 to 45 days to send me a letter saying it was removed. Now when it comes to experian I am in the same boat I am having trobule with them removing accounts, not mine addresses and spelling of my name. I am going to possbily try calling them I am sure there is some CSR number on their website I just haven't looked for it yet.
Quick question when you disputed online with experian any success with getting anything corrected?
Hope my reply helps a little bit.
Good luck to ya.Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Established Member

Re: credit repair disputing CSC Experian

In the past I had some luck with Experian removing things that were a few years old, some old medical bills.  Actually I have found that the CA's that have medical bills usually aren't able to validate them.  Good Luck!  Thanks for your response!! 
 
Message 3 of 7
Moderator Emeritus

Re: credit repair disputing CSC Experian

Are the accounts that you disputed yours?
 
Can I ask why you disputed them?

 

dlspal1310 wrote:
In the past I had some luck with Experian removing things that were a few years old, some old medical bills.  Actually I have found that the CA's that have medical bills usually aren't able to validate them.  Good Luck!  Thanks for your response!! 
 



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Message 4 of 7
Moderator Emeritus

Re: credit repair disputing CSC Experian

EX won't remove addresses/name spellings that are being reported by creditors. You need to find out who is reporting the variation.
 
Are the accounts not yours either?

AJ25 wrote:
Now back in 06 I had a few medical debts not mine and CSC took about 30 to 45 days to send me a letter saying it was removed. Now when it comes to experian I am in the same boat I am having trobule with them removing accounts, not mine addresses and spelling of my name. I am going to possbily try calling them I am sure there is some CSR number on their website I just haven't looked for it yet.
Quick question when you disputed online with experian any success with getting anything corrected?
Hope my reply helps a little bit.
Good luck to ya.Smiley Happy



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Message 5 of 7
Moderator Emerita

Re: credit repair disputing CSC Experian

I thought that CSC was Equifax (EQ), not Experian (EX.)

Possibly the OP was using the wrong abbreviation for Equifax? (The rest of the world uses Efx, but we're in too much of a hurry to type 3 letters instead of two, lol.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
Moderator Emeritus

Re: credit repair disputing CSC Experian

Yes-- CSC=EQ for some of us.

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I thought that CSC was Equifax (EQ), not Experian (EX.)

Possibly the OP was using the wrong abbreviation for Equifax? (The rest of the world uses Efx, but we're in too much of a hurry to type 3 letters instead of two, lol.)


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Message 7 of 7