cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit repair help wanted!

tag
keefer2k4

credit repair help wanted!

Hello everyone. I am new hear and I was wondering if I could get some help. I am in debt with sallie mae for about 42000. I have over 120 days in late payments. I was in a bad spot with a job. The last couple of years and I finally got a new one that I have enough money to pay my bills . I am on new terms with them and they let me setup a payment plan and after the third month they will bring me current. well I just made that third payment today. My fico score is a 551. My next step is to get a secured card through my credit union I want to use for gas money as I have no revolving credit on my report. After that I want to setup a secued loan through my bank for 1500. Are these the proper steps to take to build my credit. A goal I would like to have is to be able to buy a four wheeler in the spring or summer next year and then ultimitly a house in about two years.houses go for around 80000 where I live. Are these reasonable goals and am I going about this the right way? I am very new to credit and have no one to get advice from so any info would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for the bad grammer I am using my phone to post this

Starting Score: 521
Current Score: 551
Goal Score: 620

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: credit repair help wanted!

Welcome to the forums.

Have you pulled your free reports from annualcreditreport.com?  One every 12 months from each CRA.  Start there.  See if there may be things on them you are not aware of.

Getting a secured card or 2 will help you a lot.  The secured loan, other than showing on time payment history won't.  You already have installments with your SL.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.