Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit repair/lexington law

tag
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Re: credit repair/lexington law

Looking back some months later, I have NOTHING on my credit report now, (27)items removed, (2) judgments and (9) inquiry's removed, I went from 554 to 727 in about 17 months, I do not regret going through a credit repair company but as I said.. "Looking back" I did most of the work myself and it was a TON of work, hours upon hours. I had to make all the calls to get statements, to negotiate, I wrote (3) 3- ring binders full if letters negotiating, doing PFD's, contacting the insurance etc., etc. all the credit repair company did was initiate the dispute which I could have easily done myself but at the time I had not a clue where to begin and truly didn't know better.

I now am in the process of buying my first home, I have some really great credit cards with great interest rates, high CL's.
So my advice.: . Utilize this website, everything you need to know is right here, ask as many silly questions you need to. It was so much work but so very, very worth it!
Good luck!
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 41 of 52
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I wanted to pass on this great information and thought it would be great for this thread..

This is an example of a direct dispute.

Props to guiness56 for this one.

This is a Notice of Direct Dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have reported to my credit file.

► (If sent to a debt collector, (CA), it might be beneficial to also include the blurb

This is a direct dispute of credit reporting. This is not a request for debt validation/verification under FDCPA §809(b)

(don’t let them just simply sluff it off as a meaningless DV letter)

In compliance with FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), and enacting regulations published at 16 CFR § 660.4, this Notice of Direct dispute includes:

Identification of the specific information being disputed:

(specify the account number, and the specific information that is disputed under that identifying account)

Basis for the dispute:

(how the reporting was inaccurate; was any reporting in violation of any statutory or regulatory provisions? account or express agreements? CRA reporting gudelines? Account not yours? etc.)

Supporting documentation:

(all documents that support your dispute; it is recommened to also include, as part of your documentation, at least a copy of the portion only of your recent credit report showing their reporting of the disputed information was actually reported to your credit flle. The implementing rule suggests a showing that it appeared in your credit report)
Message 42 of 52
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

I used sky blue and had very good success. They had my baddies gone in no time. Started in late march with first round, after second round I was done until another baddie popped up out of no where. Completely satisfied!

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 43 of 52
fenix

Could you please PM me with the name of the company you used?

Message 44 of 52
kikib

Re: credit repair/Lexington law

Can you tell me what was the name of the credit repair service you used?

Message 45 of 52
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I used Lexington Law.
Message 46 of 52
ecalmese
Regular Contributor

@kikib wrote:

Can you tell me what was the name of the credit repair service you used?

i used sky blue

Started January 2013 in the lower 500s
Scores (as of January 2014) Equifax 630 | Experian 646 | Transunion 674
With the help of you all; I am working my way to the 700 club!
Message 47 of 52
rainobot
Established Member

I recently used the service of  Lexington Law. Honestly, you can do much much more than they do using the info in this forum. My experience was that I hired them $99/month for 5 months, and they basically did nothing. I emailed them about exposing thier scam and I got two months of service fee back. Tha't it. If you go to Ripoff.com, you see tons of stuff about them. Hope this helps.  

Message 48 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lexington lew firm is so AWESOME!!! I started 1 1/2 months ago with a 528 score. I joined lexington law. They have so far removed 12 things from my equifax, and some off the others cb. My score today is fico 608 eq 616 and transunion unknown. In the last month here is what I have got, by the way 4 of these have been paid in full a week ago. walmart 300, first premier 300, fortiva for jewlery 1000, badcok 1000, macys 300, jcp 300, amazon 600, bloomingdales 800, old navy 200 . On a note anything GE likes me, now commity HATES me !!!  Lexington law has helped so much!!!!

Message 49 of 52
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lexington lew firm is so AWESOME!!! I started 1 1/2 months ago with a 528 score. I joined lexington law. They have so far removed 12 things from my equifax, and some off the others cb. My score today is fico 608 eq 616 and transunion unknown. In the last month here is what I have got, by the way 4 of these have been paid in full a week ago. walmart 300, first premier 300, fortiva for jewlery 1000, badcok 1000, macys 300, jcp 300, amazon 600, bloomingdales 800, old navy 200 . On a note anything GE likes me, now commity HATES me !!!  Lexington law has helped so much!!!!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/DO-NOT-USE-LEXINGTON-LAW-FIRM/m-p/3277310#M355358

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.