cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit ruined before it actually started. too much research now confused . help!! sears

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit ruined before it actually started. too much research now confused . help!! sears

This debt disturbs me the most.  I sent this letter to Sears CEO.  I have heard no responce.  I hope the typo wasn't a turn off. I didn't expect it was his real email. I had searched for two days for that address. it was very early in the morning. 

To: William Crowley, CEO

My name is --- -----. I would like to contact you about account -------------9. i would like to resolve the balance due on this account. i have had a very long relationship with this company (1995) and I would like the opportunity to have it restored.

On May 02, 2005 I was able to only scrape together a $9 payment on a $10 balance due. Times were very difficult for me then and had been for a while. I had a baby and had moved into a house months earlier. the extra costs of these events such as utility deposits and security deposits and moving expences.... never allowed me to get my head above water. As a school bus driver i was paid monthly and was not making it paycheck to paycheck. It was more like sit your butt still with no money for the next two weeks until you get your next pay. I was so devastated to see that i would be charged $25 for being short on that payment because I couldn't even come up with the minimum due. i know now that i should have contacted customer service and explained the situation immediately. But during that period of time, i didn't know what to do. I wound up throwing the covers over my head like a little child scared for its life. That's the visual that I get when I think of my actions.

Its been a couple of years since i have had to live like that. I am so much more wiser and resourceful now. I now set up auto billpay with my checking account online. i set up all of my accounts and pay as soon as i am paid. I no longer wait until the balance is due. You all would get me all the time with this one... you missed your payment so now pay this new balance on your next due date. This is of course 30 days later. i was like 'cool!'. I didn't realize this would kill your credit. I NEVER do this anymore.

If I had known of online banking in the past, I could probably have an A+ credit rating. There is no reason to ever be late making a payment. Back then i didn't have a system of any kind except trying to remember in my head when each account i had was due. Ridiculous.

In this economy purchasing my first home seems very possible. I am fighting to free myself from past mistakes. My credit score had never been important to me. I applied for a mortgage and they said I need to raise my score 30 points to qualify for the loan. This account and student loans are the major mistake that i have made in my life. i am now in a rehab program for the student loans that will end in June. They are willing to put my account in good standing and remove all negative marks from my credit report at the end of that program. i am pleading to you to allow me to do the same. I had purchased a refrigerator on the card for $300 in 2004 at one of the outlets. I had paid on that refrigerator all year and the balance was still over $300. On May 2005 I owed $340 dollars. Would you allowing me to pay a settlement to have my account restored and my credit file repaired?

Sincerely,                           

but just a quick recap.  i basically ruined this credit line over a dollar. i scraped together nine dollars to make
a minimum ten dollar payment. i was charged 30 bucks in fees. Already, in a pinch i ended up throwing the covers over my head.
Does anyone have any advice on how i should handle these accounts listed.  credit limit listed as n/a... does that trigger
a negative response.Also this is for a three hundred dollar refrigerator that i had already paid a year own.  i had a lot of
late fees.  i was young and stupid. one thing that i noticed is that on that last payment i made 5/05 the balance due was 340.
even with six months of late fees at approximately 200 dollars. i don't see how they came up with their balance due.
any leg to stand on here?

SEARS/CBSD 

Address:
 PO BOX 6189
  SIOUX FALLS, SD 57117
 No phone number available  Account Number:

Address Identification Number:   00...... 

Account charged off/Past due 150 days. $663 written off. $663 past due as of May 2006.  

Date Opened:
09/1995 
Date of Status:
02/2006 
Reported Since:
09/1995 
Last Reported Date:
05/2006 

Type:
Revolving 
Terms:
N/A  
Monthly Payment:
$0 
Responsibility:
Individual  

Credit Limit:
N/A 
High Balance:
$663  
Recent Balance:
$663 
Recent Payment:
$0 

Account History:
Charge Off as of Feb 2006 to May 2006

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LVNV FUNDING LLC 

Address:
 PO BOX 10497
  GREENVILLE, SC 29603
 (866) 464-1183  Account Number:
5049.........   Original Creditor:
SEARS SEARS PREMIER CARD 

Address Identification Number:   00659----7 

Collection account. $762 past due as of Mar 2009.  

Date Opened:
01/2007 
Date of Status:
08/2008 
Reported Since:
08/2008 
Last Reported Date:
03/2009 

Type:
Installment 
Terms:
1 Months  
Monthly Payment:
$0 
Responsibility:
Individual  

Credit Limit:
$663 
High Balance:
N/A  
Recent Balance:
$762 
Recent Payment:
$0 

Account History:
Collection as of Aug 2008 to Mar 2009 

Your Statement:

150 days as of Jan 2006
120 days as of Dec 2005
90 days as of Nov 2005
60 days as of Oct 2005, Dec 2004
30 days as of Sep 2005, Nov 2004 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit ruined before it actually started. too much research now confused . help!! sears

What is your state's SOL? Can you PIF?

Depending on the T&C of your agreement/contract they can continue to add certain fees/interest.

It looks like Sears still owns the account, as they are reporting a balance.

Hard to advise until we know if you are beyond SOL or not.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.