Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit union question

tag
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

credit union question

I am confused.  Do all credit unions pull a CR to open an account?  Just curious cause I am looking to change from a traditional bank to a CU for the better interest rates (on savings and cd's) not on credit cards or loans (although i know loan rates can be lower too)

thanks

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: credit union question

I cannot speak for ALL CU's

But, all that I have been affiliated with have pulled CR's.

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The ones I have used did not pull a CR.  But they are military affiliated.

Message 3 of 6
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

I've used 2 and they both hard pulled to open the account.
Message 4 of 6
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

I am looking at PenFed. 

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 5 of 6
kjel
Established Contributor

I joined a credit union yesterday after reaching the end of my rope with big banking. No hard pull to open the account. Even so, I'd be ok because I am so desperate to ditch PNC and there are numerous other advantages.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.