Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creditone verification

tag
Kizzel00
New Contributor

creditone verification

Hello all, I'm in the middle of rebuilding my credit and still I am not getting approved for the better cards, which is fine that will come. I was approved for a creditone account (I know they are horrible) but I was approved for the card.

everything was going good, the card came in the mail, I called to activate. that went fine, I then go to setup online account access and bam it won't let me. so I call into their horrible customer service number and they tell me there is a block on the account, they ask me to send in a copy of a utility bill and a copy of my birth certificate. unfortunately when I moved I lost, so they said fine, write a letter explaining that and send us your social. I send them everything I can think of, social, drivers license, a bill, copy of paystub, w2, car registration, bank statement. I would think that would be more then enough to verify my information.

I call a week later, they state they received it, and it's in processing, give them 5 days. I give them 10 days, call back, this time they state their fraud department will reach out in 3 days to remove the block and activate the card. no call came. I called them again, and they state fraud won't call but it's still in processing and to give them time. I've given them enough time. Their customer service is horrible and if I didn't need this card I would have given up by now. I have asked to speak to fraud directly or corporate and they state they can't do that. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do next? Has anyone gone through this? does anyone have a corporate number for them or a corporate email so I can bypass their overseas support. any help is appreciated. thank you
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: creditone verification

@Kizzel00 wrote:
Hello all, I'm in the middle of rebuilding my credit and still I am not getting approved for the better cards, which is fine that will come. I was approved for a creditone account (I know they are horrible) but I was approved for the card.

everything was going good, the card came in the mail, I called to activate. that went fine, I then go to setup online account access and bam it won't let me. so I call into their horrible customer service number and they tell me there is a block on the account, they ask me to send in a copy of a utility bill and a copy of my birth certificate. unfortunately when I moved I lost, so they said fine, write a letter explaining that and send us your social. I send them everything I can think of, social, drivers license, a bill, copy of paystub, w2, car registration, bank statement. I would think that would be more then enough to verify my information.

I call a week later, they state they received it, and it's in processing, give them 5 days. I give them 10 days, call back, this time they state their fraud department will reach out in 3 days to remove the block and activate the card. no call came. I called them again, and they state fraud won't call but it's still in processing and to give them time. I've given them enough time. Their customer service is horrible and if I didn't need this card I would have given up by now. I have asked to speak to fraud directly or corporate and they state they can't do that. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do next? Has anyone gone through this? does anyone have a corporate number for them or a corporate email so I can bypass their overseas support. any help is appreciated. thank you

Credit One? Tell them to kiss your grits and go for a secured card if you have to - Credit One is NOT worth any effort let alone all that....

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Place a call to their executive office, and detail the runaround.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kizzel00 wrote:

Credit One is as shady as they come. I recently closed mine after having the card for a year- I didn't want to deal with any of their cr@p.

If I were you I would app for a secured card! Capital One or Open Sky are my recommendations. I've heard a lot of good things about them.

If you need something that isn't secured, you can always try opening an account with FingerHut. Granted you can only use the credit on their website (like a store card), they still report to the credit bureaus.

Also, keep an eye on your credit report. It wouldn't surprise me if they reported the account as open and then tried to charge you for that annual fee. If you see anything suspicious, dispute it!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

@Kizzel00 wrote:

Credit One? Tell them to kiss your grits and go for a secured card if you have to - Credit One is NOT worth any effort let alone all that....

Agreed - Cap One secured, SDFCU secured, even Open Sky would be preferrable to Credit One.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.