Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creditor refusing to correct error being reported

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditor refusing to correct error being reported

After recently pulling my Experian CR--I discovered that CitiFinancial was reporting my account as being charged off twice--for two different months as well as being reported 90 days past due for two different months--which is impossible, obviously.

I sent a dispute letter asking them to delete the old tradeline with them since it was my right becuase they were reporting incorrect data.  They responded saying that it was reporting correctly and sold to another lender. 

So, since they won't delete, what is my next step?  I know that if they are reporting info incorrectly, even derogotory information, incorrectly, I have the right to have them delete it.  So, what's next?  

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: creditor refusing to correct error being reported

Is there 2 different accounts that are showing CO or just showing CO for two consecutive months.

If it is the later, there is nothing wrong with the way it is reporting.  They can report a CO for every month for the rest of the time it is on your CR. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I know they can report it being charged off for months and months; however they canNOT report being 90 days past due for two different months--that's not even possible.  That is what I wanted them to correct.  Perhaps I didn't make that very clear in my initial posting.
Message 3 of 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, I know they can report it being charged off for months and months; however they canNOT report being 90 days past due for two different months--that's not even possible.  That is what I wanted them to correct.  Perhaps I didn't make that very clear in my initial posting.

What is your actual payment history?  It is possible to be 90 days late 2 months in a row.  For instance...

You don't pay Jan, Feb, or Mar.  March would say 90 days late.  Then, for instance, in April you make one month pmt. That would actually be your Jan payment, but April would now become 90 days late.

See what I mean?  That's why I asked...what is your pmt history?  Do you have your old bills & payment info??

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.