Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

date of first delinquency

tag
shondra0609
Valued Member

date of first delinquency

On my Equifax report my old BofA mortgage (included in CH7 in 2011) says date of first delinquency as 5/2007.  Does that mean it will fall off this year since it has been 7 years?  Is there a factor, beyond their negligence in deleting on time, that would make it stay on longer?

Starting Score: 667EX 599EQ 687TU
Current Score: 667EX 599EQ 687TU
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: date of first delinquency

@shondra0609 wrote:

On my Equifax report my old BofA mortgage (included in CH7 in 2011) says date of first delinquency as 5/2007.  Does that mean it will fall off this year since it has been 7 years?  Is there a factor, beyond their negligence in deleting on time, that would make it stay on longer?

If this is the DOFD that led to a repo then yes it should be gone this year.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: date of first delinquency

The account itself will not become excluded from your credit report based upon any peirod under the FCRA.

What becomes excluded are individual adverse items reported under the account.

Any charge-off (or equivalent action) or any collection would become excluded no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD.

The reporting of the BK has its own exclusion date.

The account itself would remain unless the creditor reported its deletion to the CRA, or if closed for approx. 10'ish years, the CRA chose to detete based on their internal housekeeping policy.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.