Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dealing with Portfolio Recovery

tag
kathol39
Established Member

dealing with Portfolio Recovery

PRA has acquired an old account from Capital One for 2 months now. I did not verify since I knew it was my debt. I recently sent email to Proambudsman. Returned with this email back. Has anyone seen this with dealing with PRA..I also tried PFD for 50% of debt (debt 665.00) with no return email prior to dispute to Proambudsman. Thanks to baller4life for help so far with this matter. Thanks in advance for any this matter. kathol39

Sent:Fri 3/07/14 11:19 AM
To: 

I agree            I am not A PRA customer

Sent from Windows Mail

Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎March‎ ‎6‎, ‎2014 ‎7‎:‎12‎ ‎PM
To: 

A RESPONSE IS REQUIRED. Thank you for contacting the Portfolio Recovery Associates’ Office of the Ombudsman. We appreciate the opportunity to speak with you. As the Ombudsman, I will personally respond to you in a timely manner. However, there’s one step that you will have to complete before I’m able to respond. Please take a moment to review the important message below: I am pleased to continue to communicate with you by e-mail if that is your preferred method of communication. However, if you are a customer of our company, in order to ensure your privacy, and to keep our communications from being shared with other parties, we must have your assurance that you have a private e-mail address, which is not a workplace e-mail address or a shared account. If you would like to receive a response from me to your message, please respond to the following: You hereby agree that the e-mail address that you have provided is personal to you. If this is a work e-mail address, a shared e-mail address, or an e-mail address that does not belong to you, PRA may discontinue e-mail communications with you and only communicate with you by other means, including Live Chat, the PRA Resolution Center, by U.S. Mail, by your cellular or land line telephone. If you agree to the above, please respond to this e-mail resending the prior message and type "I AGREE" in the SUBJECT of this email AND in the body of the text, or state “I am not a PRA customer.” I look forward to hearing from you. Consumer Ombudsman Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC 140 Corporate Blvd. Norfolk, VA 23502 Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC is a debt collector. Please be advised that any information obtained may be used to collect a debt.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png

Good luck to all of our myFICO Fitness Challengers!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Jess421
Contributor

Re: dealing with Portfolio Recovery

I received the same response and didnt hear anything back yet from someone live.  Also, you may want to go in and edit out the email address.  I do nto believe that is allowed : )  I am really crossing my fingers that they delete. 

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 10
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes that's the exact same auto message I received. Then a couple hrs later, I received their email of deletion.

Message 3 of 10
Jess421
Contributor

I hope I hope they delete mine!!!!! Good Luck!!

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 10
baller4life
Super Contributor

Here is the email I received. Now remember, my situation is that I was disputing the fact that they were reporting monthly late payments on my credit report of $96 which they are not allowed to do because they are a collection agency and not the OC. The OC is HSBC who is still on my credit report and not budging. Your situation may or may not be identical to mine. Check your reports first to make sure they are reporting correctly. They are notorious for reporting late payments.

Dear XXXXXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me and bringing this to my attention.  I have investigated your dispute and have determined to close the account in question and request that the credit bureaus delete our trade line from your credit report.   Thank you for allowing me to assist you.  Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Consumer Ombudsman

Office of General Counsel

Porfolio Recovery Associates, LLC

Message 5 of 10
couponcrazy

I emailed that same address and received the same message last week. I have yet to hear from them so I just went ahead and filed a complaint with the BBB.

Message 6 of 10
kathol39
Established Member

Thanks for the advice regarding the email. Lets hope for deletions!!

Message 7 of 10
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yep that's the next logical step or CFPB depending on the issue!
Message 8 of 10
kathol39
Established Member

Smiley IndifferentNo luck with PRA.It took 3 weeks to hear from the Proambudsman but I did receive a email stating that they have determined it is being reported correctly. It is being reported other negative accounts not collections. They are not reporting monthly lates as of now anyway. I am not sure where to go from here. I just received a message from my employers business office to call with a reference number attached so that does not sound good. This is the only bad account on my report. Anyone out there have any advice in this matter. Thanks  kathol39

Message 9 of 10
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Would you mind PMing that email address?! 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.