cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dealings with Enhanced Recovery Company.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

dealings with Enhanced Recovery Company.

Hi, 

I just got a letter from Enhanced Recovery Company, LLC.  It is a collection notice for a debt of $40.65 with creditor T-Mobile, replete with threats to report my delinquent account to the national creit bureaus.  After a cursory review of myFICO forums, it seems these guys have quite a reputation of harassment and questionable tactics in recovering debt.

Here's the catch, though:  to the best of my knowledge, I've never had a T-Mobile account or phone!  I called T-Mobile to confirm this, and they had no record of me ever being a customer, after searching by SS#, Name, etc.  

The letter suggests I need to notify the office in writing within 30 days if I want to dispute the debt.  I guess I'm wondering what my options are...

Any advice, especially from people who've dealt with these d-bags is greatly appreciated.

best,

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bstone
Frequent Contributor

Re: dealings with Enhanced Recovery Company.

I'm no rocket scientist, but I would start by disputing the debt. Ask them for validation and advise them you have contacted T-Mobile and they have no record of you ever having an account.

They either have an account with your name and just picked you at random or they figure it's a small enough amount you might just pay it.
NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Send them a standard request for debt validtion under FDCPA 809(b).

It will, if sent within 30 days of their dunning notice, impose an automatic cease collection bar on them, which remains in effect until they provide the requested debt validation.

Message 3 of 6
tg4life
Valued Member

I literally just went through the same thing with Enhanced Recovery except mine was for a Comcast account. Enhanced couldn't find any information and I called Comcast and they confirmed I never had an account. I disputed it over the phone and the account was deleted within a few days.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, 

I just got a letter from Enhanced Recovery Company, LLC.  It is a collection notice for a debt of $40.65 with creditor T-Mobile, replete with threats to report my delinquent account to the national creit bureaus.  After a cursory review of myFICO forums, it seems these guys have quite a reputation of harassment and questionable tactics in recovering debt.

Here's the catch, though:  to the best of my knowledge, I've never had a T-Mobile account or phone!  I called T-Mobile to confirm this, and they had no record of me ever being a customer, after searching by SS#, Name, etc.  

The letter suggests I need to notify the office in writing within 30 days if I want to dispute the debt.  I guess I'm wondering what my options are...

Any advice, especially from people who've dealt with these d-bags is greatly appreciated.

best,

Potential ID Theft. Get this removed quickly using FCRA 605B.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I concur.

If you can now place your assertion of lack of any authorization or knowledge of the asserted debt into the form or a sworn police report, then you can have the info blocked from your credit report under the procedures set forth in FCRA 605B without any involvment or concurrence of either the alleged creditor or the debt collector.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.