Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deep in the hole

tag
bmgoree
Established Member

deep in the hole

I am a college student. I was extremely stupid my freshman year with money, and additionally didn't have enough money for school in the first place.

one of my checking account with wellsfargo is currently about -600. I have had quite a few overdrafts, but never this large of one.

my other checking account with wellsfargo is -150. I have also had quite a few overdrafts with that account.

I have a boa checking account that is pretty new, but in good standing.

I have a wellsfargo credit card that has a limit of 1200, and is currently about a 100 over that. and I owe 213 immediately on it.

I have an orchard card that has a limit of 300, that is 40 dollars over. they called me, and I set up a payment for when I get my paycheck. but they are charging about 15 for a debit card usage, and its only a payment of 39 that is actually costing 70.

lastly my capital one credit card has a limit of 300 and is at limit.

my credit score has dropped dramatically in months. from 609 to about 560.

I don't have enough money to pay all these things. I will be getting a paycheck for about 500 on thursday. I need about 20 dollars to do laundry, and buy a few things I need. my phone bill is also overdue- but I am thinking thats the last thing I should pay.

I need guidance on what I should pay first. I have payment arrangements with wellsfargo, but when I called in I told them I couldn't afford that payment plan but they set me up on that one anyway, because they said it was the best they could do.

if worst comes to worse, and wells fargo closes my two accounts, will it close my boa account? also, how long before banks and credit cards typically send you to collections, and close accounts?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: deep in the hole

Personally, I would pay something on your Cap One first!  I know for an absolute fact that once they post late payments to your credit reports, they never remove them!  In all the posts on this site about them, only one person ever had any luck with a removal.

Did you have school loans taken out?  Are they all deferred until you finish?  Lets hope so!

Is your paycheck direct deposit?  If so...I hope it's with BoA!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 8
bmgoree
Established Member

I do not have direct deposit. I have been thinking of setting one up, but now I am just waiting. I plan on depositing my paycheck into boa, and then paying what I can from there.

I will pay on the capital one first, since it is at least not late, or overlimit.

I have student loans, but they are all deferred until 6 months after I graduate.

Message 3 of 8
bmgoree
Established Member

Message 4 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Ok...besides the Cap one acct, what do you owe (minimum) on each acct & when was/is it due?

Also...how long does the $500 have to last you?

Message 5 of 8
bmgoree
Established Member

the orchard one was due the 17th of this month. overdue amount is 39. they called me, I spoke to a lady, and she presurred me into setting up a payment through my debit card. she said it was going to be a payment total of 70?! 15 for using a debit card over the phone. (it wont be prossessed into my paycheck goes through. would it be possible to get them to cancel this?

the wells fargo one was due on the 18th of last month.

the 500 has to last me until the 9th of July. On that day I will have another paycheck for about 330.

Message 6 of 8
bmgoree
Established Member

wells fargo is saying $143 is due immediately. including over limit charges, and the past due minimum. I then owe 50 on the 9th of July.

Message 7 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

OUCH!  If I were you, I would definately set up a direct deposit with BoA.  You can transfer funds from that checking to your wells cc acct online at wells, or even likely through BoA as well.  I'd avoid those phone payments as much as possible.  Those are taking more money that you just don't have.

I would NOT suggest setting up any automatic payments tho....

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.