Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete address experian -

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

delete address experian -

I called up and was trying to see if they will delete incorrect addresses from my report. 

They said I needed a report that was 30 or less days old. My report is from July so they would not let me "dispute addresses"

What kind of crap is that?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: delete address experian -

just buy one.  then you can update it every 30 days.  (well, they're viewable for 30 days, you might want to update it every 29 days, LOL)

Message 2 of 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

dispute online, maybe?

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

online disputes with experian are an excellent idea, as they are usually lightning fast!  but unfortunately, OP will still need a current report Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to pull my reports next month and I will try then. If these wrong addresses come back verified online will it make it even harder to get a delete?

Message 5 of 7
IOBA
Senior Contributor

What I experienced with one or more of the CRA was a creditor was reporting the wrong address month after month after month.  So I could get it fixed one month with the CRA's, but the following month it was back to being "wrong".

When I went to the creditors, several deleted the complete tradelines (ok, not what I wanted, but it worked), one closed my account out (ok, not what I wanted, but it sorta worked <---- I just found out the account is "open" and reporting again monthly - argh!), and one changed the address (for the um, 6th time?).

So, good luck with that!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

With EX, I think I've only had luck deleting any personal information online was incorrect phone numbers. It's best to call in for deletion of incorrect names and addresses. Talk to a live person, give them the identification number and they'll take care of it.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.