delete post

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Midland Credit Unpaid - Closed

@ebroughm wrote:

Hello,

I am new to here but i have read many of your posts. 

I have been dealing with Midland for many years now. 

I recently disputed them as they have never been able to verify the debt (even though i started trying way too late)  on my credit report as I am in the process of trying to buy a house.

While waiting for my disputes to come back i took a look at my credit report. On all 3 it shows Midland as closed but still shows the balance of approximately 2700. I tried to log into their website and it wouldnt let me (I am assuming because it is closed). I have not been able to find anything like this in google so I am hoping someone can help me. 

As we have been trying to buy a house I have been cleaning up my credit and have happilly paid off the rest of what I owe other than Midland. They have been so enfuriating. Before I disputed them I calle them and offered them everything I had saved up and they told me it was not enough and that I would never be able to have enough to pay what they want. 

What does it mean that it is closed? Are they going to sell it off to another collections? Is this going to help me in the process of buying a house? Are they just going to wait and open it back up? Is it closed because I disputed or because I told them I would never be able to pay them off? How do I proceed from here?

Thank you so very much for your input.

-E

If the are reporting and not letting you settle file complaint with CFPB.

Message 2 of 4
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@ebroughm wrote:

Hello,

I am new to here but i have read many of your posts. 

I have been dealing with Midland for many years now. 

I recently disputed them as they have never been able to verify the debt (even though i started trying way too late)  on my credit report as I am in the process of trying to buy a house.(Your broker should've told you no active disputes when trying to qualify. Makes scoring difficult.)

While waiting for my disputes to come back i took a look at my credit report. On all 3 it shows Midland as closed but still shows the balance of approximately 2700. I tried to log into their website and it wouldnt let me (I am assuming because it is closed). I have not been able to find anything like this in google so I am hoping someone can help me. (If a balance is showing, it's an active collection)

As we have been trying to buy a house I have been cleaning up my credit and have happilly paid off the rest of what I owe other than Midland. They have been so enfuriating. Before I disputed them I calle them and offered them everything I had saved up and they told me it was not enough and that I would never be able to have enough to pay what they want. (Send them a DV letter, which you can find a template in the common threads link)

What does it mean that it is closed? (Means they're treating it like a line of credit not available for further use)

Are they going to sell it off to another collections?(Any collection co can sell to another at any point)

Is this going to help me in the process of buying a house? Are they just going to wait and open it back up? Is it closed because I disputed or because I told them I would never be able to pay them off? How do I proceed from here?

Thank you so very much for your input.

-E

Message 3 of 4
alinoapa
Regular Contributor

Midland has certainly been a thorn in my side.  I have been disputing that for a long time. It's for a T-mobile bill, that scheduled to fall off 10/2014, the thing is I never had service with T-mobile....good bye and good ridens!!!!

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.