cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleted collection account

tag
kapinRI21

deleted collection account

I had a collection account with EOS (att was original creditor) it was for $3100. I disputed this account online through Experian. After 30 days I received an email saying my credit report has been updated. This collection account is no longer showing up on my credit report. I just applied for a mortgage and the loan officer pulled all three credit reports and this collection account did not show up on any of them. I didn't mention it to him either. Now I am just worried that this collection account will show back up. What happens if this collection agency sells the debt, can it be added to my credit report again?
I also just received a settlement letter in the mail from them offering a one time payment option of $1300. Should I just pay this amount to satisfy the debt or keep my fingers crossed that it won't pop back up during underwriting?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: deleted collection account

If you still owe the debt, the CA can sell it and it will pop up again. If you have the money offer aPFD. You might try less than $1300.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.