Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deletion question

tag
Tanafied
Established Member

deletion question

I have a medical bill that I called the CA about on 3/20, and did a PFD. On 4/6 I noticed it had been completely removed from TU and XP, however, EQ now shows it as a "potentially negative closed". Should I call EQ, or give them time to correct the issue? I do have it in writing from the CA that it would be removed. I don't know if I'm just being antsy, or if I should just be patient.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: deletion question

maybe mail them a copy

Message 2 of 7
Tanafied
Established Member

I definitely will send it to them, but I wasn't sure if I should initiate a dispute...from reading prior posts, disputing isn't always the way to go, but I can't remember in which circumstances it should be avoided. I'm on such a good roll, I'm afriad to make a mistake.

Message 3 of 7
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Call them 800-685-1111 is the number my CA gave me to rush them alittle.

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRA is not apt to get into the middle of their fulfillment of promises, particularly when the issue is one of deletion based on payment of a debt.  They are not arbitors of fulfillment of private agreements.

Such deletions are also contrary to their reporting agreements iwth furnishers of information.

Best to have the deletion come from the furnisher.

I would not dispute, as the issue is not one of inaccuracy in their current reporting.

Message 5 of 7
Tanafied
Established Member

Robert...that's what I was thinking as well, but the fact that it was removed from 2 of the 3 CRA I thought would suggest that EQ just did it incorrectly. It doesn't even show tht it was paid...just shows "closed". I don't want to dispute it, but I think they may have made a mistake.

Message 6 of 7
Tanafied
Established Member

@Lisa...thanks for the number...its automated...no real person to speak with. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.