Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

derog cap one account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

derog cap one account

I have an old derog cap one account from 2010 (I'm in the process of taking care of it, I sent a GW letter a few days ago via email) . I've applied for a secured card and they will give it to me with a $200 deposit. Now, I'm wondering since my scores have gone up a tad bit if I applied for a platinum card if I'd get automatically denied because of the 1 derog from them?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: derog cap one account

Did you try the pre qual from them? What did that say?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their pre quals are based on your answers that you give them. I don't think they actually prequalify you.

Message 3 of 6
enerey
Regular Contributor

capital one does do a true prequal especially if they give you a set interest rate you should be good. Also from everything I have read capital one seems to be the most forgiving of credit card company since it's been almost 6 years you should be good. Good luck.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Their pre quals are based on your answers that you give them. I don't think they actually prequalify you.

Cap1 are one of the few banks whose pre qual offers seem to be very solid. The only time I app for a Cap1 card is when I have an 'offer' from them.

Re: your GW letter; I'd send them a letter via snail mail.  Many things are factored into the success\fail of GW'ing.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an old derog cap one account from 2010 (I'm in the process of taking care of it, I sent a GW letter a few days ago via email) . I've applied for a secured card and they will give it to me with a $200 deposit. Now, I'm wondering since my scores have gone up a tad bit if I applied for a platinum card if I'd get automatically denied because of the 1 derog from them?

A charged off Cap One account will not be held against you for new application purposes if the CO is over 12 month old. I would definitely recommend apping for the Platinum, and also the QS1.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.