Did you mean: 

discreptancies on same account

tag
biggywynn
Established Member

discreptancies on same account

14 out of 50 months directly contradict each other on the

-JOINT account

-same account (one my credit report and one my husbands credit report)

-same credit reporting agency (TU)

How can I get these removed? I have disputed 3 times (certified letter, return request) and they say "updated" for both my husband and I.  For example: TU reports I was late 30 days in march and then reports "Current" on the same month, same account on my husbands report - and do that 14 times!  All our records are in storage until we move into our new house so I don't know how to dispute AGAIN!

Is this court worthy?  I have it all right in front of me in black and white!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: discreptancies on same account

Creditors will often not report all delinquencies to a CRA.

While both reports on the same joint account should be consistent, lack of showing of a delinquency in one report is not usually considered a inaccuracy.

If the account was delinquent in a given month, then it is common to omit reporting of that fact to a CRA.

The key issue is whether the reporting that shows the lates is accurate.

Message 2 of 3
biggywynn
Established Member

Re: discreptancies on same account

@RobertEG wrote:

Creditors will often not report all delinquencies to a CRA.

While both reports on the same joint account should be consistent, lack of showing of a delinquency in one report is not usually considered a inaccuracy.

If the account was delinquent in a given month, then it is common to omit reporting of that fact to a CRA.

The key issue is whether the reporting that shows the lates is accurate.

Thank you for that information!  Very helpful.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.