Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute 3 months old

tag
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

dispute 3 months old

Decided to dispute some things again afer a break with equifax. It has been 3 months and about 1 month since they have emailed me. Dispute still shows open. What should I do now??

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: dispute 3 months old

have your complaint reference number handy and give them a call or shoot them an email/snail mail to follow up on the process.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They have a statutory requirement to complete their reinvestigation within 30 days of its receipt (unless you sent additional information after the initial dispute, which is basis for their extension of their reinvestigation period to 45 days).  They must then send you written notice of results of their reinvestigation within 5 business days after concluding their reinvestigation.  So 30'ish days plus 5 days plus mailing time is the limit.

They have no basis for extending a dispute beyond those periods.  The only other option available to them would have been so send you formal notice that they dismissed your dispute as being "frivolous or irrelevant."

I would send them a formal complaint of violation of FCRA 611(a).

Message 3 of 4
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

Thank You Robert.  i was hoping you would respond.  typed and in todays mail!

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.