Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute causing score change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

dispute causing score change?

If I have filed disputes regarding incorrect billing on the equifax system, would that cause my fico score to increase? I can't tell if it's the fact that I filed the disputed, or if the results of the dispute are just not showing yet and that's what caused it. I'm happy for a 52 point increase, but if it's a false hope I don't want to get too excited 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shokk
Established Contributor

Re: dispute causing score change?

All depends on the result of the dispute.  If negative items were removed, then yes, you should see an increase.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't see anything yet as far as changes,
Just the "account change" alert on here.
Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If I have filed disputes regarding incorrect billing on the equifax system, would that cause my fico score to increase? I can't tell if it's the fact that I filed the disputed, or if the results of the dispute are just not showing yet and that's what caused it. I'm happy for a 52 point increase, but if it's a false hope I don't want to get too excited 

Portions of an OC account under dispute will not be scored by FICO. Among these are the balance, the CL, and the payment history. Other items like AAoA, scoring bucket, credit mix, account age, etc. including CAs and PRs are not removed or impacted by a dispute.

Once the dispute has run it's course your scores will likely show another adjustment. Only time will tell.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe the payment history is what's not being scored. They are all closed accounts, and showed some late payments. When I closed them, I paid in full, so not charged off or anything.
It looks great, but won't let myself get too excited just yet.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.