Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

dispute collections

ok ive disputed several collections and had some removed,ive sent validation letters to creditors and some never reply,i know after 30-45 days you can ask for removal,ive got 3 removed from TU but i send all my info certified mail and all info to experian and equifax and they wont remove them,why?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: dispute collections

Lack of validation is not a reason for deletion unless the validation was sent under a stricter Statute that same states have. In other words, TU didn't have to delete the accounts
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: dispute collections

Debt validation only applies to debt collectors, not creditors.

DV requests under the FDCPA have no period for or requriement to respond.

They invoke, if sent within 30 days after dunning notice, a cease collection bar that remains in place until the debt collector chooses to send validation.

Lack of validation is not a basis for removal or credit reporting.

DV requests do not require that the consumer assert or identity a specific inaccuracy in reporting.

However, a dispute under the FCRA requires the consumer to identify a specific inaccuracy, and provide basis fo conduction an investigation of the asserted inaccuracy.

CRAs are not a party to the debt validation process.

Sending a CRA proofs as to having sent a DV request are not a proper dispute under the FCRA, and can be dismissed without any reinvestigation.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.