Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute frustration

tag
irodriguez7885
Valued Member

dispute frustration

Hello all, Despite the many people that have had luck with TU and EQ and not with EX was the opposite for me thus far. EX has actually been the one to remove 6 derogs, EQ just verifies them more incorrect than they were to begin with and TU will not update until the investigation is over so I am not sure about them and still waiting? Now take into consideration that everything in my credit report is paid off and will not re age, so anytime something is removed it is permanent. Do you guys know of any tips for dealing with EQ? When they just update to another wrong verification it just frustrates me to no end. I have read that an MOV is practically pointless so what should I do? I also have sent out a blanket of GW letters but its been a week and a half and I have not heard any responses so I just have a feeling that my letters met their match with the shredder Smiley Sad 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: dispute frustration

My primary recommendation is never to dispute through a CRA.

Dispute directly with the party who reported the information to the CRA, using the direct dispute process under FCRA 623(a)(8).

Congress enacted the direct dispute process to address the many abuses of the dispute process through the CRAs,

This allows you to send one dispute letter, and not have to deal with each CRA.

It eliminates any CRA meddling into the substance of your dispute, or exercisng any "reinvestigation" of the dispute.

It prevents the CRA from "sanitizing" your dispute by use of their automated e-Oscar process.

It assures that all information supporting your disptue gets direclty to the credtitor/debt collector.

It spends up the process by elininating the back and forth between the CRA and the creditor/debt collector.

It has the same required investigation period as a dispute through the CRA.

The results of the investigation come directly to you.

Message 2 of 3
irodriguez7885
Valued Member

Re: dispute frustration

Is this after the update to FCRA? Additionally do I dispute the OC or CA? I only have one CA and the rest are OC reporting. Do I send the same dispute letter to the OC as I would have the CRA? Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.