Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute question and score adjustment question

tag
snag13

dispute question and score adjustment question

2 quick questions that i hope you guys can help me with

1) i disputed a utility bill that was showing as a negative item on Experian and i just got the results back and it it just says "processed". The definition says that the account has been updated or deleted. How do i actually know what happened to it? 

2) I had 2 negative accounts deleted of my TU and EQ reports from disputes. how long does it take for my score to change after these have come off?

I'd like to thank everyone because this site has helped me so much and the wealth of knowledge is unbelievable!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: dispute question and score adjustment question

1) i disputed a utility bill that was showing as a negative item on Experian and i just got the results back and it it just says "processed". The definition says that the account has been updated or deleted. How do i actually know what happened to it? 

2) I had 2 negative accounts deleted of my TU and EQ reports from disputes. how long does it take for my score to change after these have come off?

Re 1) You'll have to look at the report to see what changed

Re 2) Instant. Scores are calcuated against what is currently in the report. 

Message 2 of 10
snag13

for the EX question this is all it says on the report as the result:

ResultsBack to top
How to read your results
Deleted - This item was removed from your credit report
Remains - This item was not changed as a result of our processing of your dispute.
Updated - A change was made to this item; review this report to view the change. If ownership of the item was disputed, then it was verified as belonging to you.
Processed - This item was either updated or deleted; review this report to learn its outcome

Credit Items 
NSTAR ELECTRIC
Account Number: xxxxxx
Outcome: Processed
Message 3 of 10
bahbahd
Established Contributor

"Processed - This item was either updated or deleted; review this report to learn its outcome"

Is there not a link or button to view the credit report from this dispute resolution page? It is asking you to view "this report." I can't remember for EX, but TU clearly has a button to see the updated report from the dispute resolution page.

Message 4 of 10
snag13

no the results section are on top of the credit report..there is no button or link to click. When i click on "view result details" it just brings me down to that section i pasted in the last comment. I might just have to call them...

Message 5 of 10
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@snag13 wrote:

no the results section are on top of the credit report..there is no button or link to click. When i click on "view result details" it just brings me down to that section i pasted in the last comment. I might just have to call them...

Of you might just have to pull another report. I use their monitoring services so I could typically pull a new report through that. Since the disupte is settled, you might initial another disupte to see the current report as is. Just don't submit anything and the new dispute won't get filed.

Message 6 of 10
snag13

ok i will try that thanx!

Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Unless you gave the CRA specific authorization to convey results of an investigation to you in electronic form, they must send a forma, written Notice of Results of Reinvestigation within 5 business days after concluding their reinvestigation.  In that notice, they are required to clearly identify their determination, and not list multiple probable outcomes.

Message 8 of 10
snag13

thanks i will have to look out for that

Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would not give a CRA the authorization to send the results of their reinvestigation in electronic form if they are going to obfuscate.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.