Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute results

tag
jon17brown
Valued Member

dispute results

I have a 120+ day late credit card on my report. I recently disputed through experian and it was deleted!! My score shot up huge. I have disputed on the other 2 bureaus as well but I am still awaiting those results.

My question is - This account is not showing up on EQ or TU but the dispute results have not been given to me and it looks as if the process is still going on. Do they take them off of your report temporarily while the investigation is in process or is this a good sign?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: dispute results

Hello and welcome. I'm going to move this to the Rebuilding Your Credit board since it involves late payments and disputes.

Message 2 of 3
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: dispute results

@jon17brown wrote:

I have a 120+ day late credit card on my report. I recently disputed through experian and it was deleted!! My score shot up huge. I have disputed on the other 2 bureaus as well but I am still awaiting those results.

My question is - This account is not showing up on EQ or TU but the dispute results have not been given to me and it looks as if the process is still going on. Do they take them off of your report temporarily while the investigation is in process or is this a good sign?

Thanks!

The entire account is gone? Or just the late pays? A dispute wouldn't make the entire account go away. It would just be marked as "customer disputes - reinvestigation in progress" and it wouldn't score certain things (like those lates) until the dispute is resolved. 

If the entire trade line is gone, the OC might have just told the CRAs to delete instead of remove the lates. That could be good or bad (depending on if you were needing that account to help your AAoA).

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.