Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute taking longer than 30 days...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

dispute taking longer than 30 days...

Hi all... my last, stickiest baddy is from a utility and the reporting is all screwed up. It's contradictory (DOFD listed  is after 2 months of lates, etc.)  I disputed over the phone on April 22 with an actual human being at Equifax (she was very helpful) and I still haven't heard back. They say they may take 45 days, but I thought that was only if I sent them extra information, which I didn't. Do I write them and say "Time's up!" or do I wait the 45 days?

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: dispute taking longer than 30 days...

No, I'd wait at least 45 days. Plus this is a weekend.

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Also, I believe the FCRA states that if extra info comes into the CRAs (from the OC/CA) at or near day 30, then the CRA has an extra 15 days to figure it all out.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHH!!!

Just checked EQ and those IDIOTS at the utility company not only verified the inaccurate account illegally, they added a 30 day late that is complete fiction!!! 

That's in addition to the Jan 09 30 day late that is fictional AND they say the DOFD is 8/07, but not only do they have 8/07 listed as 180 days late, so is 7/07 and 6/07!!!

I talked to an actual human being at EQ who agreed it was impossible to be true and I thought that would help.

Isn't EQ liable for completely fictional information if it is impossible on the face of it to be true??

I sent them the payment information too that shows those months were not late, but they didn't care.

HELP!!!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way, I looked up the requirements for reinvestigation procedures in the FCRA and they have only 30 days, UNLESS they get more information from me, at which point they get up to 15 more. This investigation took 42 days, they got no additional information from me, AND they said my results are viewable online, but when I went to retrieve the results as instructed in their email, they aren't there.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.