cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disputed 2 paid medical collections on experian this morning...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

disputed 2 paid medical collections on experian this morning...

I just said it was a HIPAA violation to continue to report (which technically I guess is not where the violation is occurring) and poof. They were deleted a few hours later. Smiley Surprised can they come back? My other deletions from experian have stayed gone so far.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: disputed 2 paid medical collections on experian this morning...

It depends upon why and how they became deleted.

Without commenting on whether the HIPAA process is a legitimate basis for showing of inaccuracy, when the CRA refers the dispute ot the debt collector for their review, it is possible and common for the furnisher to decide to simply delete the contested information without responding back to the CRA.

In that situation, the CRA does not need to complete any reinvestigation, as the deletion removes the disputed information, thus rendering the dispute moot.

The conusemr will not know whether the furnisher voluntarily deleted, or whether the CRA concluded their reinvestigation and was the one who deleted based on their determination that the reporting was either not verified or was found to clearly be inaccurate.

You will know once the CRA concludes their reinvestigation, which could be either a dismissal of the dispute or a finding of basis for them to delete.

If they deleted, they must send you a formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, statting their finding of deletion, along with a revised copy of your credit report, showing that THEY de;eted/  Wait for a Notice of Results.

If the CRA dleted based on the dispute, thier deletion would not be absolute, and reinsertion would still be possible.

However, if they reached a finding of deletion, that puts into play ther requirement of the FCRA that no reinsertion can be made by the CRA unless the furnsiehr provides a statement of verification of accuracy, and the CRA accepts that pre-verification.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.