Established Member
bethrn99

disputed items on my credit repor - do these affect my chance of getting a mortgage

I have recently disputed several items on my credit report - I have paid some items off that were appearing with incorrect balances. My credit report indicates 'disputed by consumer'. Does this affect my credit standing? how do I get the dispute listing removed? Will it disappear once dispute is resolved?

Thanks for any comments in advance.

Frequent Contributor
Sommery

Re: disputed items on my credit repor - do these affect my chance of getting a mortgage

bethrn99 wrote:

I have recently disputed several items on my credit report - I have paid some items off that were appearing with incorrect balances. My credit report indicates 'disputed by consumer'. Does this affect my credit standing? how do I get the dispute listing removed? Will it disappear once dispute is resolved?

Thanks for any comments in advance.

My lender required that the dispute notations be removed from my credit report. I called the CRA directly (it was only on one report) and they removed it the same day. Good luck!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}