cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disputed items on my credit repor - do these affect my chance of getting a mortgage

tag
bethrn99
Established Member

disputed items on my credit repor - do these affect my chance of getting a mortgage

I have recently disputed several items on my credit report - I have paid some items off that were appearing with incorrect balances. My credit report indicates 'disputed by consumer'. Does this affect my credit standing? how do I get the dispute listing removed? Will it disappear once dispute is resolved?

Thanks for any comments in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: disputed items on my credit repor - do these affect my chance of getting a mortgage

@bethrn99 wrote:

I have recently disputed several items on my credit report - I have paid some items off that were appearing with incorrect balances. My credit report indicates 'disputed by consumer'. Does this affect my credit standing? how do I get the dispute listing removed? Will it disappear once dispute is resolved?

Thanks for any comments in advance.

My lender required that the dispute notations be removed from my credit report. I called the CRA directly (it was only on one report) and they removed it the same day. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.