Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disputing charge off question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

disputing charge off question

I'm so glad I found this forum.  I agree with many; it's addictive!  (Just wish I had looked for it before disputing online...sigh)

Troubled credit past, but making progress.  Holding a subprime CC from 2006 with no lates Smiley Happy.  Mortage last fall with no lates Smiley Happy.  Two new CCs this month ( low CL Smiley Sad   ) for helping rebuild.

Have been combing my credit reports for windows of opportunity to give some of my baddies the boot.  Is there a post anyone is aware of that outlines very specific discrepancies that are worthy of disputing?

Some of the things I have been finding are:

• Creditor address/phone inconsistancies between CRAs
  •  old late pay details inconsistant between CRAs
  • account # inconsistancies between CRAs
  • account listing "date paid" and "date closed" but also listing as "open account"
  • CO I'm currently paying off is listed as installment account but the terms are" $0 for 48 months".  Please....how can it be a bad debt if my payments were $0????

Wondering if any of these items are worthy of disputing?

Thanks in advance for any responses!
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: disputing charge off question

@Anonymous wrote:

acr.com?

Annual credit reports dot com

First, all three CRAs reporting different lates for same PIF account.  TU says 22 lates, EX says 11.

CR I'm using are printed directly from TU, EX & EQ.

Do you agree with the TU 22 lates. If not then dispute those with the CRAs.

Second, is PIF CA post CCC CO.

Incorrect reporting. DV the CA. Dispute with the CRAs if that does not work.However, it is not affecting your score any which way.

Third, not PIF, but currently in repayment.  Half way there.  Auto lease default.

CO 10/07, still reporting ( current payments), terms:  "$0 for 48 months".

Sorry. No answer.If it is showing some monthly payment and balance, then its fine. CA a/cs do not have to list the terms is my understanding.  Again, likely not affecting your score because of the reporting.

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Hi and Welcome. Please study the abbreviations list and obtain your 3 CRA reports from acr.com

•  old late pay details inconsistant between CRAs
  • account listing "date paid" and "date closed" but also listing as "open account"
  • CO I'm currently paying off is listed as installment account but the terms are" $0 for 48 months".  Please....how can it be a bad debt if my payments were $0????

Only the above are'worthy' of disputing scoring wise.

What kind of inconsistencies are they w.r.t the lates? If you obtain your reports directly from the bureaus as opposed to the resellers, you would have complete and accurate set of data.

What kind of a/c is it that is listing as paid and closed but also open? CA a/c? Have you PIF or is this an unpaid a/c?

Same questoins for the third and CO question as well.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

acr.com?

First, all three CRAs reporting different lates for same PIF account.  TU says 22 lates, EX says 11.

Third, not PIF, but currently in repayment.  Half way there.  Auto lease default.

Did I answer all your questions?

Message 3 of 7
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

acr.com?

Annual credit reports dot com

Do you agree with the TU 22 lates. If not then dispute those with the CRAs.

Incorrect reporting. DV the CA. Dispute with the CRAs if that does not work.However, it is not affecting your score any which way.

Sorry. No answer.If it is showing some monthly payment and balance, then its fine. CA a/cs do not have to list the terms is my understanding.  Again, likely not affecting your score because of the reporting.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!   Saved me, potentially, a lot of trouble for little or no score boost.  I'll just keep working on controlling the controllables.
Message 5 of 7
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Just checking, have you done all that you can to improve your scores?

Utl  - 1% - 9%?

Persisting with GWs for PIF a/cs?

Trying to obtain a PFD for unpaid ones? 

I would still go ahead and dispute the inaccurate reporting, whether its affecting the score or not. 

So on and so forth/...

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good points!

Am paying down the old CC.  Currently at 50UT.  With the new CC, within a couple of months, my overall UT will be looking very good.  Also have auto loan PIF LY 3yrs early.

Will certainly pursue the inaccurate reporting.  I think I will have much "cleaner" reports if I can tighten some things up.  Old college addresses....50 mil variations of my name ( whose idea was it to hyphenate anyway? lol)

Have not tried GW with the PIF installments with old past due history.  Worth a shot...

The only other things on report are mortgage ( current ) and the previously mentioned currently in payment auto default.  Since agreements has already been reached, not sure that PFD will work, but can certainly schmooz my contact and explore the possibilities for post PIF.

My last two years look good...but the auto, especially with reporting, distracts from it so there is a lot to be gained by making some progress on that.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.