Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disputing question transunion

tag
chazjan
Contributor

disputing question transunion

I hope I can excplasin my question properly.  I pulled my transition credit report and disputed 14 tax leins and asked they be removed because they were paid and had been for a long time.  They removed 8 of them and updated the other 6 to paid.  Don't know why but that is foir me a major victory.  I have another entry I need to dispute because a credit bureau is still reporting an entry as unpaid and its been settled for several months.  When I log in to see my credit report, the same one I made the last disputes on it takes me to the dispute resolution page and shows the report with those changes made but will not let me file a new dispute.  Do I need to purchase another report.  Sorry this is confusing .

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: disputing question transunion

With transunion you can only dispute once every 30 days that's probably why.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 6
chazjan
Contributor

Thank you I was thinking I was an idiot and not entering in the correct info Cat Happy

Message 3 of 6
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

With transunion you can only dispute once every 30 days that's probably why.

That's useful information to know! Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
anjel4
New Contributor

you can dispute online every thirty days after a dispute result, but you can mail in or call in a dispute anytime.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

My suggestion would be to avoid disputing via a CRA, period.

I would recommend dealing directly with the furnisher.

Satisfaction of a debt requires that the creditor or debt collector must promptly update their reporting (FCRA 623(a)(2)).

The CRA can do nothing until the furnisher reports, so I would deal directly with the furnisher.

If it has been longer than one regular reporting cycle of the furnisher, that would not be prompt updating of their reporting.

I would begin with an informal call to the creditor or debt collector, and remind them of their responsibility to promptly update their reporting.

If informal correct is not obtained, then I would send them a direct dispute, thus avoid all of the admin silliness with dealing thru the CRA.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.