Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diversified collections

tag
audrey12

diversified collections

Hello everyone!

I have been reading these forums for a little over a month and really appreciate how willing to help everyone here is. This is my first post. I currently have a collections account with diversified consultants (original creditor is direct tv) Long story short I took out service not realizing it was a 24 Month contract...tried to cancel it immediately after realizing that and was told it would be a $400 cancellation fee, didn't pay it, and now I am here. I contacted them today after recieving a voicemail from them and they told me if I didnt pay today they would report me to the credit bereaus, which they had actually already done a while ago. the guy was so awful to me and actually made me cry. I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with a pfd with them? Thank You!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lyndon978

Re: diversified collections

I would record the phone converstation next time they call you and you can get an attorney if they're saying something illegally. I've had a collection account with them before (I believe it was sprint or ATT can't remember) and was able to have them delete it from my report. Call them and negoitate a settlement. And then ask them if they're willing to delete it from your report. They may won't unless you pay in full. If they are willing to delete it, ask to have it in writing or fax it to you. NEVER make a payment until you have it in writing stating that it'll be deleted from your report after recieving payment. That way you have proof and you can dispute it with the reporting agencies if it isn't deleted. Some collections are dirty and just want your money. Good luck!

Message 2 of 7
audrey12

Thank you! I have asked them for a pfd before with no luck but I will keep trying and record the phone calls!
Message 3 of 7
lyndon978

I just remembered how I got it deleted from my report. I called sprint personally and paid them myself. I asked them if I pay in full, will you delete it from my report? And they said yes. I recorded the whole phone conversation and got the rep name and employer id number. They wouldn't send me anything in writing but at least I recorded the call. I went ahead and made the payment anyway (risky move.) It was still on my report. I then called sprint back and kept fighting my argument cause they wouldn't remove it. I fought my argument with the manager and have them listen to my recorded phone call. They investigated and finally agreed to remove it. I then called diversified consultant to make sure it was going to be removed and they told me that they have been notified by sprint. I checked my credit report and it was gone Smiley Happy. Keep fighting and call both dish network and diversified.
Message 4 of 7
audrey12

Oh wow that's awesome to have the contact. thank you so much! I believe I will have the money to pay in full very soon so this information is HUGE! and I will keep fighting 😊
Message 5 of 7
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

@lyndon978 wrote:
Call Jerry Permenter. I believe he's a manager/supervisor at Diversified Consultant. He was very helpful and removed it from my credit report and also emailed me the PFD letter. His email is jerry@dcicollect.com. Work: 904-247-5500 Ext 1037 Cell: 904-521-5911

Thank you so much for that info. Although I just might want to let you know if any of the mods see this post, they will probably delete it because posting personal contact info is not permitted under the rules (save it so people can ask you over PMs Smiley Happy)

I have a collection from them due to an unpaid Comcast bill. I tried calling them last night and got nowhere with PIF-PFD offer. The rep I spoke to was incredibly rude and stated they never do this and that is was (and I quote) "an unethical collection practice". This was for a $50 bill, mind you. So I hung up on him (after getting the OC account number), called Comcast directly. Had to call Comcast corporate, who escalated my case to a billing manager who gladly agreed to send me a PIF letter and get it removed when it posts to the account overnight tonight.

Once I have that letter, I will call them and ask politely for them to remove the account. Thanks again.

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I was wondering if you have any additional information on how you got Diversified to delete the item from your report. I have tried to get them to delete off my fiance's credit report for 2 weeks now and they have me going in circles. I even had AT&T (the original creditor) send them the ok for deletion. I was told by diversified it was escalated to the Administration office and refused to give me any additional information. Do you have any contact information of who will be able to help me with this. Please help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.