Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diversified consultants

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

diversified consultants

This is my second posting this, I really need help. So In february, I changed phone companies, went from t-mobile to another company. I had a phone with tmobile that I was still paying for, when I switched companies, I went to tmobile store and tried to return the phone, but tmobile refused and said they will send me a bill of what's left of it. I said ok, and left. That was in february.

Now in july, I got an email from my bank that there has been activity on my credit report and I checked and I found diversified consultant collection agency is billing me $400. So apparently, tmobile instead of contacting me through phone, email, or my current mail address, they went directly to collections, and collections affected my credit report. So now I tried to talk to tmobile, but they said they sold the account, so it is out of their hands now. I called the credit bureaus to remove the report, they said thay can only remove the report only by request from diversified. I called diversified multiple times (they are very rude most of the time), and they said they don't remove credit reports, they just update as paid or unpaid, and they offered me a settlement. So now I don't know what to do, do I accept the settlement? do I pay in full? or do I fight to get it removed from my credit report, since it is not my fault I was not informed about the bill? and if I should fight to get it removed, how can I do that? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: diversified consultants

A creditor or business is not required to provide you notice prior to their referral to a debt collector or sale of the debt.

You are, by means of your account agreement and billing, assumed to know your obligations.

Similarly, a debt collector is not required to provide notice to a consumer prior to reporting their collection.

They are required to send a formal collection (dunning) notice only after they have initiated communication with the consumer.

Do you assert that you do not owe the debt, or is your only complaint that they did not notice your prior to sale of the debt and thus reporting of the collection?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: diversified consultants

I am complaining that I did not get any notifications that I have something due. How would I know if there is a bill if nobody is saying anything? however, do you think I should pay then in full? do I get a settlement?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.