cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone know if Comenity gives decent limits for their visa cards?

tag
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

does anyone know if Comenity gives decent limits for their visa cards?

my barclays 6 months of dread is over in 3 days and I'm thinking of getting another comenity card with a Visa logo, just wondering if they give decent limits or if they're like 250. thanks as always

some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
IwantCSP
Established Member

Re: does anyone know if Comenity gives decent limits for their visa cards?

I've read up on the comenity visa/ through through the forums and some people actually get really great limits compared to their other cards. I've seen limits from $500-$6000.

During that reading though I found out that Barclay doesn't like seeing lots of inquiries or new credit cards so soon and that they will close the account. Makes me nervous of applying for them
Message 2 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

5K Start FRN

Message 3 of 10
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Barclays is definitely not the card to choose if you want to go on an app spree. They like you to carry balances, regular use, and balance transfers. If you do that stuff you'll be fine. Good news on high limit comenity cards though, thinking of going for the marathon visa.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 4 of 10
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

5k is nice, debating between marathon visa and target visa.
Message 5 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@buildafico wrote:
5k is nice, debating between marathon visa and target visa.

I should have said I got that FRN (fuel rewards network) M/C with pre approved pop up. I am not sure it the two cards you are talking about here will produce 5K limits, is little info available on them.

Message 6 of 10
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

lol no one's giving me a 5k limit yet, its gonna be a couple of years before that, I was hoping something in the area of 1000. However 5k is a nice limit, something to aspire to, for me anyway lol

Message 7 of 10
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

while here in reality barclay could for the most part careless about new account. yes there are cases of them closing accounts as with all creditors however they are a small minority. since opening barclay i have opened a 10k siggy card, had capitol one higher my cl from 500 to its current 2000 and had 6 inquiries hit my credit.

Message 8 of 10
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

my guess is that the AA comes from borderline profiles. ive opened new accounts too, no inq's though except EQ.

Message 9 of 10
coterotie
Established Contributor

I have a 7K limit on my commenity sportsman visa.  Got it the same time as my Barclay's rewards ($1,900 CL) since the sportsman was a soft pull it kind of flew under Barclay's radar.  Getting ready to ask for an increase on the Barclay's I think as it has now been open 6 months.  I have paid in full, carried a balance and not used for a month to show varied activity.  I usually pick one card each month to show a decent balance on.  This month was sportsman's turn.  I also got a Chase Marriott with a 6K limit at this time as well.  So I expanded my CL's from $1,200 to $16,100 in the space of 2 months.  Been relatively gardening since then other than a small run at a new car which I decided against. (but likely going to happen pretty soon)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.