Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does bank of America blacklist

tag
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Re: does bank of America blacklist

@freak4tech wrote:

i think they do, i burned them in 08 for $1100, paid full balance year later. Been trying to get a unsecured card with them for 2 years now with no success. I bank with them and deposits of well over 200k go through my account each year for the last 3 years, yet they refuse to give me an unsecured card. 

I bite the bullet on the secure card with max deposit and will see how that goes. If they do not graduate me in 12 months i am so done with them! 

I have a CD, personal checking/savings, business checking/savings and a merchant account ( cedit card processing ) with them

They might just want to see your habits on a sec first! Hope it works out for you! 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 21 of 25
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

Update: my friend was able to add me to not 1 but 2 of his bank of America cards both with 10 years of clean history (no lates) my mortgage lender told me to move my mid score to 640 .

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 25
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

@kaylord84 wrote:
Update: my friend was able to add me to not 1 but 2 of his bank of America cards both with 10 years of clean history (no lates) my mortgage lender told me to move my mid score to 640 .

Did they backdate it?! Or just open a new TL on your AU add date?

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 23 of 25
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

It will be backdated from the time he received the cards the rep confirmed this

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 25
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Sweet! I wonder if you ever get a card of your own if they'll backdate it like amex does. 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.