Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does bank of America blacklist

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: does bank of America blacklist

I am still Blacklisted with BOA's banking (checking account), but I had no problem applying for their CC.  They are two different departments but for the banking side, too, hold a grudge for a looong time...

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 11 of 25
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@ThetoriParadox wrote:
I had a co cc with boa in 2007 and I recently opened a checking and savings account with them. The co is still on my CR unpaid. So you can definitely have a relationship with them but I'm wondering if I can have another cc with them. I read that in order to get a secured boa you have to have no prev delinquencies with boa.... ?

then in that case that's absolute false information. if u wanted I can upload the counter offer they sent me for the secured card after they denied my application for an unsecured. Good thing I retained that letter.... Again like I said, at the time of my application my Cash Rewards account was seriously past due and on the verge of charging off while the checking/savings account remained unpaid. As a matter of fact my overall credit was a total wreck. And this was just around July/August last year

Message 12 of 25
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Ah ha. Found the thread. It was here on myfico http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Bank-Of-America-Secured-Card-Requirements/td-...

It does say unpaid charge offs. My mistake for thinking it was delinquency.
RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 13 of 25
freak4tech
New Contributor

i think they do, i burned them in 08 for $1100, paid full balance year later. Been trying to get a unsecured card with them for 2 years now with no success. I bank with them and deposits of well over 200k go through my account each year for the last 3 years, yet they refuse to give me an unsecured card. 

I bite the bullet on the secure card with max deposit and will see how that goes. If they do not graduate me in 12 months i am so done with them! 

I have a CD, personal checking/savings, business checking/savings and a merchant account ( cedit card processing ) with them

Amex Business Gold NPSL ( 85k internal limit ) - AMEX Everyday $4200 - Chase Freedom $5500 - Discovery it $1300 - BOA Secured $4900 - Cap1 Sparks $1250 - Cap1 Spark Business $1500

2/18/2015
Fico EQ 682 - EX 691 - TU 699
1 boa baddie from 10/08 dying to get this removed
Message 14 of 25
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@ThetoriParadox wrote:
Ah ha. Found the thread. It was here on myfico http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Bank-Of-America-Secured-Card-Requirements/td-...

It does say unpaid charge offs. My mistake for thinking it was delinquency.

i just read that thread and even if it's an unpaid charge off it's still not true cos I had an unpaid American Express charge off for like $600 reporting  plus their unsecured card that was currently delinquent at 120days late and yet was approved for the card. And like I said since they wanted me to deposit a minimum $300 I happily declined. Maybe I should post that letter I got from BOA so u can confirm what im saying

Message 15 of 25
pip3man
Valued Contributor

just in case this means anything. And like I said before I had an Amex charge off reporting at the time of the application plus my current Cash Rewards credit card with them was seriously deliquent in addition to the unpaid charged off checking and savings account

Message 16 of 25
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

I believe it means unpaid boa charge off.
RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 17 of 25
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

So unless your amex co was thru boa then it doesn't apply.
RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 18 of 25
pip3man
Valued Contributor

unless that's the case but my charge off was an Amex Green

Message 19 of 25
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

I am still Blacklisted with BOA's banking (checking account), but I had no problem applying for their CC.  They are two different departments but for the banking side, too, hold a grudge for a looong time...

That is good to know. It doesn't help me because I want the CC ha, I am too scared to apply...maybe when I'm out of the garden and the OC is off of my report in a year. :/

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.