Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does piggybacking still work?

tag
kittywitty
Contributor

Re: does piggybacking still work?

asking to much? i think not. i am 42 yrs old own my house and have paid off myself 2 brand new cars. i thinking 13% on another car is asking too much. i have googled and it appears if would help if sears added me to grandmothers account. i want to buy my 2 girls new mattresses anyway so i might as well get credit for my purchase.

Message 11 of 15
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

@kaylord84 wrote:
Im an authorized on 2 of my brothers boa cards we have different last names my fico 08 scores actually count them ymmv

How much of a bump in your scores did you get?

Message 12 of 15
kittywitty
Contributor

grandmother was afraid it would pull her score down so she had a better idea. she is going to add me to her vystar credit union savings account then i can open my own savings account and secure another loan. once i get that lousy collection off my report i will apply for their credit card. they have a secure card too so may consider that. i will then have 2 secured loan's. all i need now is some sort of credit card and that collection to remove themselves from my report.

Message 13 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

Now that is a great ideal. Most credit unions will not do hard inquiry for a secured card. And they will report to all 3 bureaus. After about 6-12 months. That card will graduate to unsecured and score will rise. Even with collection if your utilization low. As time goes. That collection will not play a role.
Message 14 of 15
kittywitty
Contributor

problem is the collection agency is reportin as an open acct that was in collection. after i disputed the amount they changed to charged off so  looks like i have 2 charge off's b/c the oc is also reporting as charged off. now i disputed as acct not mine so hopefullly i can get them removed soon. i wouln't need a secure card if they would remove their bogus reporting. i have 8 yrs with disney chase card  with only 3 late's total and the late's are nearing 2 yrs old. they were taking payments but were reporting acct closed under a balance licquidation so i flipped out and paid the acct off. they changed it to shows all those payments and now the acct shows as just closed. i would had been better to not pay it off but i honestly couldn't handle their crap anymore. they made me so mad while trying to ask why they were reporting acct closed but taking $37 a month from my checking acct. i could not handle the debt collector tones they were using, i flipped out don't use those tones with me i am more then willing to pay my bill. i am really mad about the entire situation and no longer even like disney. sad but true

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.