Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dofd?? or balance report date or dofd report date

tag
mossmanb5
Established Contributor

dofd?? or balance report date or dofd report date

i went thru and went on all 3 cra and got reports online. from the 11 negative accts i have 90 percent of them all have a dofd of 11/2008. except transunion online report dosent show any dofd in their report just last time balance was reported. i called transunion and asked what all my dofd dates with them were and the woman told me they dont go by that, that they go by last balance report date and some are this year and then told me that i have to count 7 years after that **bleep**!!!!  i hope she was wrong cause they could update balance forever and they would never come off. im hoping that with my eq and ex reports showing dofd dates that they will be off in 11/2015 this year. i was trying to put together a plan for when to request early exclusions then she put my brain out of wack.  also does anyone know if they have to be paid for early exclusion and what dept and phone numbers to call to get the process moving. hope someone can help

72 cards and done 312,800 in available credit
0.5% uti / 2.2 aaoa
eq 698 / ex 712 / tu 729

inqs= eq 48 / ex 35 / tu 15
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: dofd?? or balance report date or dofd report date

My TU report gives an estimated month and year when each negative account will be removed. Get your report straight from the bureau or annualcreditreport.com

Message 2 of 8
mossmanb5
Established Contributor

i got it from my monitoring with tu acct. mayve i should just pay for a reprt and have it mailed cause i dont like the view on tu website. sad when its officially thru them they should display the mail view online i tried with annual report  but it said i couldnt get one this year but i never got a free one except 2014 but i guess it hasnt been 12 months yet

0.5% uti / 2.2 aaoa
eq 698 / ex 712 / tu 729

Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

She was wrong.  Date of last update of an account balance is never used for calculation of a CR exclusion date.

The exclusion dates are all set forth in FCRA 605(a). 

DOFD has only one use in credit reporting, and that is the begin date for the CR exclusion period of either a charge-off or a collection.

DOFD does not apply to monthly delinquencies reported on an account.

A collection or charge-off must be excluded no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD.

DOFD is not required to be reported to a CRA until a charge-off or collection has first been reported, so even if an account has prior delinquencies, it wont have a reported DOFD until one of those two events have been reported.

Monthly delinquencies have a max exclusion date of no later than 7 years from the date of occurence of the individual monthly dleinquency.

Message 4 of 8
mossmanb5
Established Contributor

so i should go by the dofd dates and mark 7 years after right?  im p/o that this view on tu.com 17 dollars a month and the report view is different then if i would of just had it mailed. i tried to act like i was gonna dispute it online so i could get a real print out with the clear info like i did with exp but it asks for a report number and the damn monitoring service dosent give me a report number.  tu dispute online is down and so is equifax to do that trick. i wasnt gonna dispute it but act like it to get the report they would actually mail to pop up but tu and equifax online disput centers are down. ughhh at least exp gave me some dates to work with. i just gonna get a tu report mailed and eq mailed and be done with the monitoring.

0.5% uti / 2.2 aaoa
eq 698 / ex 712 / tu 729

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It does not become a violation of the FCRA until after 7 years plus 180 days.

So you would not have a complaint or dispute until after expiration of 7 years plus 189 days from the DOFD.

However, the CRAs can, and do, exclude a bit earlier to avoid any violations, so when they actually exclude will usually be arund 6 months prior to the full 7 plus 180.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't buy a report - you can get your full reports free from www.annualcreditreport.com - the TU report from there will have the estimated drop off dates.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will also all have report numbers for disputing incorrect items.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.