Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

done so much repair on credit need help to finish

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

done so much repair on credit need help to finish

ok been doing rebuild for 6 months,credit history 28 year credit history,got 2 authorized credit cards always under 10% mostly 0 balance,just got unsecured month ago inquiry hit credit but not the card yet,2000.00 limit.rehabbed 7 student loans done everything ive read on here some lates come off 2 reports still on TU still trying all collections from student loans gone.started with 11 collections down to 3,one my insurance is suppossed to pay original creditor after 2 months still not but they say they are going to,other 2 are one first del. 8/2011 balance 260.00 on EX,0.0 balance TU.EQ which i never paid and collection company,EQ updated last week i owe 260.00 again,other 1 is 752.00 first del 2013,my question is if i do the hip  a thing and get these deleted will it jump my score way up or is it better to just leave them.im planning on buying a house in 3 or so months,fico 8 scores 6/16  520,511,529,now fico 8 670,640,611

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: done so much repair on credit need help to finish

Check your 3B report for mortgage scores.  Mortgage lenders do not use FICO 8s for mortgages. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If my memory serves me correctly, medical collections do not affect your score. Either way, if you are trying to buy a house in the next few months I would definitley say pull at every string you can to get your CS up. You will still owe the money but atleast your score will go up, if it is even being affected by the medical collections. What else is on your report? What is your current utilization (UTI?). Those have big impacts on your score.

Message 3 of 9
nmjacobs
Contributor

That^ is incorrect. Any collection will hurt your score. Some mortgage lenders will not count them (meaning require you pay). My EX score is over 40 points lower because a new medical hit two months ago. It is the only thing that is different.
Message 4 of 9
nmjacobs
Contributor

I'm going to try to PFD the new collecton in my case. I believe my EX would be my middle score without this on there and that would get my mortgage middle score where it needs to be.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

dti is like 17% uti is always under 10% now its5%,only negative info on all 3 bureaus are late student loan payments which im working on after rehab,they are up to date and paid as agreed just the old loans that started the default are on some agencys.one 30 day late from car payment back in 2013 which i paid off early,and the 3 medical collections which one is suppossed to be paid by insurance,other two i could try hippa thing.but if old medical collections dont count on score i may not worry about them,went to morgage lender yesterday she didnt say much about them but i knew more than her about credit score,she wanted to do credit pull so she could type in info on puter and that would tell her what to do,im gona pull 3b again soon,just trying to wait till unsecured card gets on report,see if that 1 collection comes off,and waiting on navient to remove permately assigned to goverment on student loans which i have letter stateing they requested that

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your medical collections a definitely hurting your credit scores. Google the HIPAA Letter Process follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

dont know how to pm,so pm me please tel12,i need info,i disputed the 2 collections several times both are associated with the original creditor and collections,ive sent validation letter to collections too,ive also called n sent letters for pay for delete to both original creditors n collections,never said it was my account,so my question is can i skip first part since i done disputed,just pm me please,ill try and figure out how to pm on here

Message 8 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Some comments:

1) you can't have any disputes on your credit report when you officially make a mortgage application.  The disputes mask your score so lenders want them removed.  Go to the mortgage section and look in the stickies at the top of that section for a post from Shanethemortgageman on how to remove disputes.

2) The mortgage scoring algorithm is an older FICO model that lenders use and any collection, no matter how small, negatively impacts your score.  Even one collection.  Best to get the collections removed.

3) Look up Why Chat's Credit Confusion HIPAA letter and follow the instructions exactly to remove medical collections from your credit report.

Please use punctuation and decent grammar. It is very difficult to read your posts if you text them as you have been doing. We want to help you in the best way possible. The wall of text running together makes it very difficult to decipher your posts.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.