New Contributor
tblank65

down to 3....still

after trying to have 3 paid med deleted...even after Hippa...they remain...was wondering just how bad the 3 are hurting the score...I read where paid or unpaid does not matter....and they are from  Sept 2004
Established Contributor
gigi5

Re: down to 3....still

tblank65,

They are 5 years old, they are not realy a big factor in your core.  As I have read after 4 years they hurt less.  If I were you I would get Names & adresses of the CEO's of these companies.  Ask for a goodwill gesture to remove them.   That's about all you can do.  I had 5 paid collections with Certegy and the Administrative Assistant got the letter and had them removed in one day.  She called me and let know that they would be off in a day.  The thing is Cetergy is owned by Equifax.  The CEO never say the letter, his Admin pulled the trigger for me.

I also would check and see if your Medical/Collection Agency is owned by some big company and get those names and adresses to.  It doesn't hurt to try.  By the way I got a 10 point jump.  It wasn't a lot but my CR looks much cleaner now.

Starting Score: 685
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}