Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dv and foad letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

dv and foad letter

DRS has been stalking me about a 1999 charged off account they bought in 2002.  It is no longer on my credit report.  SOL has passed.  So basically, they just call, hoping one day I will get annoyed enough to just pay them the $150.  I usually don't pick up the phone but now I want them to stop calling completely.  So yesterday, I returned a call to a "Nancy Miller",  and requested a debt validation letter.  They said I will get it in about 8 weeks, I want to send a FOAD letter.  What is the best way to hanlde this situation and not have it affect my credit report in any way?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: dv and foad letter

"This is well past the statute of limitations and the reporting guidelines in the FCRA.  I formally request that you cease contacting me via phone and mail until such a time when this is of relevance to me."

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yes send that FOAD (cease and desist) letter, i dont think you necessarily had to send them a DV letter since they are not reporting. This debt is so far beyond the 7.5 year period so they have no need to harass you. They are just being jackasses. I wouldnt pay them a dime! Good Luck.
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

until such a time when this is of relevance to me...LOL!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.