cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

effect of "open" PAID, to "closed " PAID on FICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

effect of "open" PAID, to "closed " PAID on FICO?

I have many (16) "open" paid student loans and (4) "closed" paid student loans on my Equifax report. These were consolidated into TWO loans to which i am currently paying on a monthly basis.

i am considering disputing the "open" paid accounts, and ask EQ to mark them "closed". 

does anyone have any experience with this? will this help my FICO score? does this stop the aging of these accounts?

thanks

Message Edited by mymy on 09-08-2008 12:32 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: effect of "open" PAID, to "closed " PAID on FICO?

mymy wrote:
I have many (16) "open" paid student loans and (4) "closed" paid student loans on my Equifax report. These were consolidated into TWO loans to which i am currently paying on a monthly basis.

i am considering disputing the "open" paid accounts, and ask EQ to mark them "closed". 

does anyone have any experience with this? will this help my FICO score? does this stop the aging of these accounts?

thanks

Message Edited by mymy on 09-08-2008 12:32 PM

Don't do it. It will fall off your reports sooner. If you dispute, they could also decide to delete instead.

I have a Zales account that was CO'd but PIF in 1996 or -97. It is still listed as "open". Longer it stays that way the better.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

these are NOT collection accounts....they are accounts in good standing...just wondering about the diff btween "open" PAID and "closed" PAID...and the effect it has on FICO..

thanks
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When an account is closed it the CL does not figured into your UTIL.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Happy,

so an "open" account with a ZERO balance...effects POSITIVE, eventhough this is an installment student loan that was consolidated?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.