cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enhanced recovery collection from unpaid sprint bill, need help!

tag
specialksauce
Contributor

enhanced recovery collection from unpaid sprint bill, need help!

Anyone have luck with DV and/or GW with enhanced recovery?? My boyfriend has an old sprint bill which is unpaid. Its from 2009 I believe. Says it will be removed 2016.

He really doesn't have cash to pay the old bill so my question is how to resolve this pesky issue.

Any luck with dealing with ERC?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
imovinup
Regular Contributor

Re: enhanced recovery collection from unpaid sprint bill, need help!

Yes I had luck calling sprint and asking them if I paid sprint would they withdraw the collection back from ERC they agreed less than a week after paying sprint ERC disappeared off all 3 of my credit reports ..BTW my bill was 3 1/2 years old and it was still in their system

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 2 of 10
specialksauce
Contributor

Awesome! I sent an email DV to ERC today but may as well call Sprint and PIF and ask them to pull back the account. Hope it works like it did for you! Thanks!
Message 3 of 10
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I found ERC to be GW friendly after I paid them on an old account.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 10
kroberts67
Established Contributor

They are kind of strange.  In March I sent them a DV and they sent me back a letter saying it's validated but they will delete anyway since I'm disputing (I wasn't disputing). It seems that this is a form letter that many people have been receiving and is confusing.  Never saw any deletion and in the meantime I paid AT&T directly and then sent Enhanced another letter.  In May it was still there so I disputed online with EX and boom, gone within a few days to a week at most. 

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 5 of 10
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

ERC has been one of my easiest to work with. I sent them a DV letter for an unpaid T-mobile account. I never got anything from them but got a finalized bill from T-mobile. I called T-mobile, paid in full and ERC is off my reports!  That was easy!  I wish they were all that easy!

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 6 of 10
specialksauce
Contributor

Paid Sprint directly today. ERC also replied to my validation request today and they will be deleting the account from all three CRA's! Wahoo! One down many to go!! Can't wait to see what it does the credit score! 

Message 7 of 10
imovinup
Regular Contributor

congrats! take it one at time and savor the victory or prepare for a rematch.

@specialksauce wrote:

Paid Sprint directly today. ERC also replied to my validation request today and they will be deleting the account from all three CRA's! Wahoo! One down many to go!! Can't wait to see what it does the credit score! 

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 8 of 10
specialksauce
Contributor

Couldn't have done it without everyone in this forum! Once I am able to get a grasp on these processes I can pay it forward somehow!

Message 9 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Nice work, congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.