cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equifax almost 200 points lower than TU & EX!

tag
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

equifax almost 200 points lower than TU & EX!

I was just going through some denial letters and noticed my walmart denial listed my score as 392! My other scores were in 573 range. For some reason the first page on the PDF is blank so I can not see any recon number or # to request copy of credit report, but If I am not  mistaken we're not allowed to get our EQ reports anymore, so how do I go about getting a copy to see what is going on with it because I have no clue why it would be so much lower. I notice other peoples score and the may very by 5-10 pts from one cra to the other but not by  181 points!!

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: equifax almost 200 points lower than TU & EX!

@MrCrabs wrote:

I was just going through some denial letters and noticed my walmart denial listed my score as 392! My other scores were in 573 range. For some reason the first page on the PDF is blank so I can not see any recon number or # to request copy of credit report, but If I am not  mistaken we're not allowed to get our EQ reports anymore, so how do I go about getting a copy to see what is going on with it because I have no clue why it would be so much lower. I notice other peoples score and the may very by 5-10 pts from one cra to the other but not by  181 points!!

you can get 1 free copy every year of all 3 reports at anualcreditreport.com. you can just pull EQ, or you can always  buy the side-by-side view here for $60 whenever you like.

Message 2 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@MrCrabs wrote:

GECRB/Synchrony Bank uses their own internal proprietary score on initial approvals it is not a Fico that you have received. I have heard nothing about not being able to obtain an EQ report from MF that info I would say is false, the score it provides is EQ Fico 08. Anytime you are denied the best terms or the card outright you are eligible to receive a free credit report from the CRA listed on the denial letter, just write a letter requesting it be sent to you and the reason for the request and free report is your denial of credit for the WM card.

Message 3 of 13
elim
Senior Contributor

hrmmmm, Syncb/Walmart pulled TU for my huge $150.00 limit. i buy the 3 report view from here. it puts all categories in 3 columns (EX, EQ, TU) and makes it easy to see which accounts are affecting which scores. i do seem to get more info (like addresses of more creditors) on the reports from anualcreditreport.

Message 4 of 13
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

There are a lot of variables anyway.. EQ could have an extra baddie (or 5) and some may have been updated more recently. As suggested get a copy of your reports. 

I would get a triple pull monitoring service, they generall cost $25 a month or less and get all 3 reports daily. Can get 2 months for the price of the 3 reports here. At this point your FICO score is unimportant need to start fixing the errors and such.

Good luck!

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 5 of 13
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

Maybe I am thinking experian then? I though one of agencies refused to give people their reports(which should be illegal if true IMO)

I will have to wait and see, I called ealier but the lady didn't know what agencies they were using and never mentioned a propriatary scoring model. She said I should get a letter within 30 days aside from the email. This just has me freaked out to see such a low score compared to my others and need to make sure nothing funny is going on with my one of my reports.

I used annualcreditreport.com about a month and a half ago but i had to chase a little one around the house to shower and go to bed so it timed out on me and I just tried to do it again but it has all kinds of error messages popping up, so maybe I am out of luck until next year to use it again.

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 6 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@MrCrabs wrote:

Maybe I am thinking experian then? I though one of agencies refused to give people their reports(which should be illegal if true IMO)

I will have to wait and see, I called ealier but the lady didn't know what agencies they were using and never mentioned a propriatary scoring model. She said I should get a letter within 30 days aside from the email. This just has me freaked out to see such a low score compared to my others and need to make sure nothing funny is going on with my one of my reports.

I used annualcreditreport.com about a month and a half ago but i had to chase a little one around the house to shower and go to bed so it timed out on me and I just tried to do it again but it has all kinds of error messages popping up, so maybe I am out of luck until next year to use it again.

They wont tell you its a proprietary score nor do they have to, we just know it is after so many reports of funny numbers that one would never get with a Fico. I doubt you have a problem with your reports and I would not worry about it.  You can write in a request for any report that did not come through on the annual site.

Message 7 of 13
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

what's the best triple pull service to get? Can I get them here or is there another site that specializes in this. I definitely want this service to keep a better eye my reports.

@TheGardner wrote:

There are a lot of variables anyway.. EQ could have an extra baddie (or 5) and some may have been updated more recently. As suggested get a copy of your reports. 

I would get a triple pull monitoring service, they generall cost $25 a month or less and get all 3 reports daily. Can get 2 months for the price of the 3 reports here. At this point your FICO score is unimportant need to start fixing the errors and such.

Good luck!

Message 8 of 13
TheFate
Established Contributor

For some odd reason Equifax is my worst score aswell

Message 9 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@MrCrabs wrote:

what's the best triple pull service to get? Can I get them here or is there another site that specializes in this. I definitely want this service to keep a better eye my reports.

@TheGardner wrote:

Good luck!

I use Eliminate ID Theft - My Privacy Matters, you can monitor all 3 they do give score for all 3 its the TU New Account Model FAKO the same as Credit Karma so it only useful for monitoring changes to your reports as you work on them...

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.